The Boyd School - Aldie
- At The Boyd School, we embrace a Montessori philosophy of education and create a warm, welcoming and secure place for children to challenge themselves and excel.
- In this environment, children develop their intellectual, social and physical abilities and talents to their fullest.
- We welcome family involvement, helping parents better understand the learning style and temperament of their child-and work together to maximize childrens strengths.
- Our programs serve children from infancy through middle school age, and cater to a wide variety of families' schedules.
- The Boyd School is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
- The Boyd School is recognized by the Virginia Council for Private Education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition ranges from $817 - $1,855 depending on the program enrolled|
|Admissions Director||Kim Simmons|
- The Boyd School Westfields Campus has been a part of the Chantilly community since 1998. After several years of operating in Centreville, the custom-designed Westfields location opened in 2004.
- With programs for children 18 months through middle school, the Westfields Campus has the largest student population but maintains the familiarity of the small, intimate school. The cozy and inviting library complete with fireplace provides students with a rich experience for storytime and special presentations. The abundance of natural light in each classroom along with carefully prepared learning environments encourages learning.
- The large, secure outdoor environment features multiple, age appropriate playgrounds in addition to a track, soccer field, and basketball courts. An engaging wooden train encourages creative play and multiple garden plots welcome nature education.
- Toddler (18 months - 3 years)
- Early Childhood (3 - 6 years)
- The Early Childhood program at the Westfields Campus of The Boyd School offers children a unique opportunity to learn and grow. The accredited Montessori program guided by credentialed teachers promotes academic discipline through an individualized curriculum. We embrace our diverse student population and encourage parents to share their heritage.
- Children work with specifically designed materials to develop skills and are guided at their own individual pace. The class size at the Westfields campus is well below the FairfaxCounty average allowing for additional individual attention.
- The Early Childhood program is enriched with an arts program as well as additional instruction in foreign language, physical education, and music. The expansive outdoor education center lends itself to learning about our natural world and how to be good stewards of our planet.
- Kindergarten (5 years prior to Dec. 31)
- The accredited Kindergarten program at Westfields provides children with a full academic school day (8:30a - 3:00p). Students work in the mixed-aged Montessori classroom in the morning and are guided towards educational outcomes. The individualized curriculum allows for children to advance at their own pace while developing a strong sense of independent learning techniques.
- Because the children are in a mixed-aged environment in the morning, Kindergarten students develop a sense of added pride from beinging the oldest children in their classroom and often take on a roll of mentor to younger children.
- The afternoon of the Kindergarten program consists of the children working in a small group setting (typically less than 8 children). This environment provides our Kindergarten students the unique opportunity to explore more in-depth concepts and develop small group skills. The expansive outdoor environment provides children with a unique opportunity to not only read and learn about their environment and nature but to experience the world beyond their classroom first hand.
- Kindergarten students at the Westfields campus take numerous field trips to take advantage of the rich opportunities of the DC Metropolitan area. Each year the Kindergarten students attend a number of age appropriate musical performances by the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center and guided tours at the National Gallery of Art. The school maintains a strong relationship with Ellanor C. Lawerence Park and children Kindergarten and older take several walking field trips to the park and learn from the naturalists on staff.
- Elementary (6 - 12 years)
- The Elementary program, in keeping with Montessori educational philosophy is divided into two levels: Lower Elementary (6 - 9 years or traditional grades 1-3) and Upper Elementary (9 - 12 years or traditional grades 4- 6).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chantilly Grades: NS-K | 97 students
15120 Enterprise Court, Suite 100
Chantilly, VA 20151
(703)961-8281 2.2 NS-K
- Herndon Grades: PK-K | 123 students
13251 Woodland Park Road
Herndon, VA 20171
(571)703-8686 4.3 PK-K
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.