- The Boyd School, a Montessori Children's House, is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
- We are a warm, welcoming community in which children and adults find friendship and support.
- We are a school born from a spirit and force of parents and teachers who believe in the Montessori principles and support a child/family-centered environment.
- We want our children to grow into autonomous, caring, responsible citizens, life-long learners and problem-solvers.
- Our school is a place where all are encouraged to ask questions, broaden their understanding of themselves, and the world around them.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition ranges from $817 - $1,721 depending on the program enrolled.|
- The Fairfax Campus of The Boyd School offers children an intimate learning environment. Each classroom opens to an outdoor exploration area and playground. The beautifully prepared classrooms inspire learning with finely constructed Montessori materials. Nestled in the heart of Fairfax, the school is an ideal environment for your child to begin their educational journey.
- Early Childhood (3 - 6 years)
- The Early Childhood program at the Fairfax Campus of The Boyd School offers children a unique opportunity to learn and grow. The accredited Montessori program guided by credentialed teachers promotes academic discipline through an individualized curriculum. The intimate environment of the Fairfax campus provides students with a home away from home feel.
- We embrace our diverse student population and encourage parents to share their heritage. Children work with specifically designed materials to develop skills and are guided at their own individual pace. The class size at the Fairfax campus is well below the Fairfax County average allowing for additional individual attention.
- The Early Childhood program is enriched with an arts program as well as additional instruction in foreign language, physical education, and music. The school nestled in a quiet Fairfax neighbor provides families with a throwback introduction to their child's educational journey.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CentrevilleGrades: PK-KG | 65 students
6319 Old Centreville Rd
Centreville, VA 20121
ViennaGrades: PK-KG | 72 students
712 Tapawingo Rd Sw
Vienna, VA 22180
Falls ChurchGrades: K | 51 students
3335 Annandale Rd
Falls Church, VA 22042
McleanGrades: PK-KG | 65 students
Po Box 492
Mclean, VA 22101
OaktonGrades: PK-12 | 998 students
3320 Jermantown Road
Oakton, VA 22124
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.