The Cambridge School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Cambridge School is a classical Christian school located in San Diego, CA. The goal of a Cambridge education is to teach students to think well, love rightly, and to live wisely.
- A Cambridge education is distinct because it is intentional and integrated.
- It is both intellectually and spritually formative. Students engage with great ideas, great books, and in great conversations with mission-aligned, classically trained teachers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||308 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Latin|
|Average SAT score||1445|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,200|
|Tuition Notes||For more information about tuition, please visit: http://cambridgeclassical.org/admission/tuition-schedule-and-fees/|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Leslie Yoder|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
A Variety of After School Enrichments, Cyber Patriots, First Lego League Robotics, Math Clubs, Speech and Debate Team, String Ensemble, Upper School Writing Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama, Math Competition Clu
- Educating your child to Think Well, Love Rightly & Live Wisely
- Formation not mere Information
- We are not simply concerned with what kind of student your child is, but we are concerned with what kind of person your child is becoming.What do you want your child to look like, not just when they are 18, but when they are 30, 40 and 50? The goal of a Cambridge education has a Telos (end) far beyond mere college entrance and preparation, as we believe this is a goal far too small for education.
- Teaching children to think and reason, The Cambridge School combines the tried and true stages of Classical education: Grammar, Logic & Rhetoric, with a Christian worldview. Small classes, dedicated Christian teachers, and comprehensive humanities, math, and science programs blend to deliver an exceptional experience where children find joy in every class.
- Learn more: http://cambridgeclassical.org/admission/
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: 9-12 | 1628 students
5555 Del Mar Heights Rd
San Diego, CA 92130
(858)523-4000 4.2 9-12
The Cambridge School is by far the best school that my 5th grader has attended. Not only do the students have a passion for learning but the teachers have a passion for teaching, which I feel is hard to come by these days. My 5th grader is not only learning Latin and Mandarin, but what he is learning in other subjects such as history and math is not even comparable to the public schools in this area. The Cambridge School is a true blessing.
- Posted by Parent - k.kri
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.