The Cambridge School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (858) 484-3488
- The Cambridge School is a classical Christian school located in San Diego, CA. The goal of a Cambridge education is to teach students to think well, love rightly, and to live wisely.
- A Cambridge education is distinct because it is intentional and integrated.
- It is both intellectually and spritually formative. Students engage with great ideas, great books, and in great conversations with mission-aligned, classically trained teachers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||308 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Latin|
|Average SAT score||1445|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,200|
|Tuition Notes||For more information about tuition, please visit: http://cambridgeclassical.org/admission/tuition-schedule-and-fees/|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Leslie Yoder|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
A Variety of After School Enrichments, Cyber Patriots, First Lego League Robotics, Math Clubs, Speech and Debate Team, String Ensemble, Upper School Writing Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama, Math Competition Club
- Educating your child to Think Well, Love Rightly & Live Wisely
- Formation not mere Information
- We are not simply concerned with what kind of student your child is, but we are concerned with what kind of person your child is becoming.What do you want your child to look like, not just when they are 18, but when they are 30, 40 and 50? The goal of a Cambridge education has a Telos (end) far beyond mere college entrance and preparation, as we believe this is a goal far too small for education.
- Teaching children to think and reason, The Cambridge School combines the tried and true stages of Classical education: Grammar, Logic & Rhetoric, with a Christian worldview. Small classes, dedicated Christian teachers, and comprehensive humanities, math, and science programs blend to deliver an exceptional experience where children find joy in every class.
- Learn more: http://cambridgeclassical.org/admission/
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Poway Grades: PK-5 | 106 students
12310 9th St
Poway, CA 92064
(858) 679-9949 3.7 PK-5
I believe in Classical Christian education and the Cambridge school does it better than any other. The students are so impressive and it`s clear the staff and faculty love and. value the students. Definitely the top school I`ve experienced.
- Posted by Parent - Steve
The Cambridge School is by far the best school that my 5th grader has attended. Not only do the students have a passion for learning but the teachers have a passion for teaching, which I feel is hard to come by these days. My 5th grader is not only learning Latin and Mandarin, but what he is learning in other subjects such as history and math is not even comparable to the public schools in this area. The Cambridge School is a true blessing.
- Posted by Parent - k.kri
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.