The Center For Learning Unlimited
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Center for Learning Unlimited is a nonpublic, WASC accredited day school that serves both publicly and privately sponsored students with unique, complex learning challenges in grades 2 – 12.
- Our school's mission is to reconnect complex students with their academic, social and emotional potential, thereby empowering them to engage as competent citizens of the 21st century.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- Originally established in 1985 as a small tutoring agency in Rolling Hills Estates, the school has since evolved into a therapeutic educational environment that is characterized by relationship-based interventions, individualized education plans, interdisciplinary collaboration, exceptional faculty, and a dedication to reconnecting students to hope. Students, aged four through twenty-two, typically come to CLU struggling with educational and/or mental health issues associated with learning differences which have contributed to multiple school failures and high rates of absenteeism. Through a process of collaboration, relationship building and social skill development, CLU’s mission is to reconnect these complex students with their academic, social and emotional potential, thereby empowering them to engage as competent citizens of the 21st century.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La PalmaGrades: 2-12 | 38 students
24 Centerpointe Dr
La Palma, CA 90623
- InglewoodGrades: 1-12 | 104 students
260 N Locust St
Inglewood, CA 90301
- Los AngelesGrades: 1-10 | 10 students
321 West 102nd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90003
- ComptonGrades: PK-8 | 45 students
1517 E Alondra Blvd
Compton, CA 90221
- TorranceGrades: K-8 | 504 students
2900 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90503
CLU is a fantastic school for children with complex learning needs! Our son has attended the school for several years, and we are very happy with his academic and social progress; yes, there were/are ups-and-downs along his educational journey, but throughout it all CLU staff has remained consistent, collaborative and encouraging. The staff is terrific and do an amazing job keeping relationship-based interventions at the heart of their work. It's also been helpful to have an interdisciplinary team on site working with our child AND with each other.
- Posted by Parent - erick
Center for Learning Unlimited is an exceptional educational program. The staff are warm, well informed and keep parents informed about progress. I could not find a closer fit to knowing what is planned for my student
- Posted by Parent - Jeric
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.