The Children's Learning Center
- Established in 1948, our school has a well-earned reputation for outstanding education, evaluation and treatment services for children from birth to age 21 with a broad range of mild to severe disabilities, including speech/language delays, physical disabilities, and mental retardation.
- Each child's program is individualized and closely monitored by a team of multidisciplinary professionals.
- Preparation for inclusion, mainstreaming and maximum independence in the community is emphasized.
- The CLC has a strong commitment to serving the entire family - mothers, fathers, siblings and grandparents.
- Family meetings, tours, special events, and social work services are available and designed to support the family network.
- A truly caring staff of special education teachers, clinicians, other professionals and support staff are ready to assist in every way possible.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The Early Intervention Component
- The Early Intervention (EI) Program of the Children's Learning Center provides center-based educational and related services for children from birth to three years of age residing in Nassau County. ucpn is a recognized and approved early intervention provider of a comprehensive taxonomy of evaluation and treatment services. These services are provided on a twelve month basis for eligible children.
- Preschool Component
- The Preschool Program provides a multi-sensory approach to readiness skills for students ranging in age from three to five years. This program enhances and integrates the motor, cognitive, language, perceptual, and social areas of development in order to maximize optimal learning. An integral part of this program is ongoing parent contact that provides information and techniques to enable the parent to facilitate the learning process at home.
- School-Age Component
- Students in this division of our school range from five to twenty-one years of age. It is the largest component of our school with more focus on developing skills that allow for academic growth, maximum independence in functional ability, and transition to adulthood.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: NS | 238 students
148 W 90th St
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 306 students
587 Main St
New York, NY 10044
FlushingGrades: UG | 86 students
7164 168th St
Flushing, NY 11365
WhitestoneGrades: 9-12 | 128 students
2420 Parsons Blvd
Whitestone, NY 11357
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017