The Children's Lighthouse of The Woodlands
Educational Child Care With a Purpose - We are pleased to welcome you to the nation's premier family-operated, value-based, educational program -The Children's Lighthouse School.
Our commitment to our children and their families is exemplified by our use of the lighthouse, a long recognized symbol of safety, strenght, and guidance.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Students: 40 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,000
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
National avg.: 85%
- Our goal is to nurture the development of each child's full potential - intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically - in an atmosphere of safety and trust.
- - We believe that each child is an individual, with his or her own unique set of strenghts, talents and gifts.
- - We believe that every child has a right to excellence in all aspects of early childhood education.
- - We believe in the importance of teaching character values, and more important, in modeling their use in our interactions with children, their families and one another.
- - We believe in the use of positive discipline strategies that lead children to becoem self-disciplined.
- - We believe that honest and and frequent communication between the school and the home postively impacts children's success.
- - We believe in the importance of continuing professional development and personal growth through educational opportunities and supportive communities of learning.
- - We believe that every teacher and staff member cam make a difference in the lives of the children and families we serve.
I am a proud grandparent of a 2-year-old grandson who attends The Children's Lighthouse of The Woodlands. I am amazed at his depth of knowledge of so many things, numbers, colors, letters, both in English and Spanish, not to mention sign-language. More importantly his love of learning, he is a "sponge" and so very eager to learn more. I contribute the innovative curriculum along with a loving and nurturing environment, thank you Children's Lighthouse.
Endorse The Children's Lighthouse of The Woodlands. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.