The City School
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No adverts or TV characters on Clothing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is less for Preschool and Grades. Tuition Adjustment available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Laura Watkins|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||choir, Dance Classes, Greek Sports, Orchestra, Recorder Ensemble, Track and Field choir, Dance Classes, Greek Sports, Orchestra, Recorder Ensemble,|
Track and Field,
- What we do:
- At The City School of Los Angeles, we recognize the need for an enlivened and creative approach to education specific to our times. Using a curriculum inspired by Waldorf Pedagogy we believe in Waldorf Education as an art form, and we strive for it to be a focal point for cultural events and work thoroughly to participate in the dynamic process of community building. Our Community is dedicated to bringing opportunities in education for children and families in the Los Angeles area.
- Who Attends The City School:
- The City School is a diverse and international community of families from a broad range of cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. The neighborhood of the school reflects this diverse, multicultural heritage and the history of the Los Angeles urban landscape.
- What we Learn:
- City School Students work on core academic subjects each day through main lesson blocks; including writing, reading, mathematical processes, spelling, poetry, grammar, geography, history, language arts, botany, elementary physics, basic chemistry, astronomy, physiology, comparative zoology, German, French, specialized work of handwork (sewing, knitting and crochet), woodworking, form drawing, modeling with both beeswax and clay, music, art, drama and movement/games.
- A Thriving Community:
- Through Community Work Hours, parents are empowered to take social responsibility for their children's school and connect with teachers and other dedicated families; illuminating us that our wealth lies in our relationships with one another.Our Campus:Our campus is a small, community-like setting that includes raised-bed gardens, play structures, lots of climbing trees, and is located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley. Our faculty are all certified, experienced Waldorf teachers and are dedicated to the mission of the school.
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.