- The Community School was founded by Beatrice Lieben, to serve the bright child with learning and attentional disabilities.
- Community School provides students in grades K-12 with skilled remedial help and with a challenging curriculum taught within the framework of an educational plan developed to meet each student's needs and learning style, offering a complete academic experience for all of our students.
- We have also committed ourselves to making sure that our students' learning experiences extend beyond academics.
- We encourage each student to reach his or her personal best - not only in the classroom but as contributing members of their communities.
- The goal of school is to assure that the excellent education we offer at Community School is stronger than ever.
- Collectively we are committed to the school's mission-that each and every one of our students can excel and that all of them deserve the opportunity to reach their fullest potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: 6-12 | 350 students
40 West 68th Street
New York, NY 10023
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 646 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.