The Eastside Montessori School
The Eastside Montessori School Photo #4 - The outdoor environment is a natural extension of our classroom.
- The Eastside Montessori School provides a richly prepared educational environment for children ages 2 1/2 through 12 years.
- We are an AMI/USA Associated School - a status that recognizes our commitment to the highest standards of Montessori education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Christine First|
- In keeping with the Montessori practice, the composition of our class is multi-age. The mixed age groups provide for peer teaching, role models and leadership experience; they also enhance the sense of community within the classroom.
- Since a successful Montessori environment depends so greatly on children having focused periods of time in which to complete tasks and activities, we make a priority of maximizing uninterrupted work time.
- Everything in the classroom is designed to meet the developmental needs and interests of the children. There is no ceiling to what children can learn, and they are able to advance through the curriculum as they are ready, without being limited by the progress of their peers.
- Our school’s traditional materials have been researched and developed during decades of classroom use around the world. Our teacher takes great care in preparing the environment so that materials are arranged sequentially, children have comfortable work spaces and there is freedom of physical movement.
- Above all, we place the highest importance on serving the needs of each child, for as Maria Montessori said, “One test of the correctness of educational procedure is the happiness of the child itself.”
- People that viewed The Eastside Montessori School also viewed these schools: Woodinville Montessori School - North Creek Campus, Montessori Children's House and Menachem Mendel Seattle Cheder Day School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bothell Grades: PK-12 | 388 students
19102 N Creek Pkwy
Bothell, WA 98011
(425)482-3184 9.6 PK-12
- Seattle Grades: NS-12 | 97 students
8420 Dayton Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206)523-9766 8.5 NS-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.