The Ellison School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- TheEllisonSchoolisafullyaccreditedindependentschoolservingchildrenagestwothroughGrade8. Ellisonoffershighlyskillededucators,smallclasssizesandindividualizedattentioninawarm,caringenvironment. Theschool'sfacilitiesaresuperbandincludescienceandcomputerlabs,library,storytellingroom,afull-sizegymandmore. InadditiontoEllison'sadvancedacademicprogramming,theschooloffersgym,art,music,Spanish,computertechnologyandlibrarystudiestoallstudents.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning and social disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Attendance can be contracted by the day, week, or multi-week/full summer program. Please visit our website or call for details.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||116 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Ellison Polo Shirts must be worn in Upper School)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost is tiered from Toddler classrooms on up. Please visit our website or call for details.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Leslie Walker|
|Admissions Associate||Vickie Niessner|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Absecon Grades: PK-8 | 61 students
51 N Shore Rd
Absecon, NJ 08201
(609)652-9500 26.3 PK-8
- Vineland Grades: PK-8 | 210 students
922 E Landis Ave
Vineland, NJ 08360
(856)691-4490 1.8 PK-8
- Vineland Grades: 1-10 | 23 students
1127 W Garden St
Vineland, NJ 08360
(856)696-2210 4.5 1-10
Ellison is a FANTASTIC school! The smaller classroom sizes afford students the opportunity to develop academically and socially. The Head of School, Leslie Walker, has a versatile background (specializing in middle school aged students ) with an abundance of positive energy and perspective. I highly recommend this private school education for your child(ren).
- Posted by Parent - Tetley B
My children excel at this school. You enter as friends and leave as family. Wonderful atmosphere and great place to learn.
- Posted by Parent - ProudParent
The Ellison School is a wonderful place for learning. My children feel at home and enjoy every minute. The arts program is great, and my children excel academically.
- Posted by Parent - Proud Parent
It is a wonderful place. The School teaches Algebra 1, and advance Spanish. It is a really good
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Teya
I think the Ellison school is a fun place to learn because of the wonderful teachers and the fun learning games we play in class. The Ellison school is also a great school because there are a lot of options of things to play with at recess such as the computers, board games, and lots more.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Vladi
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.