The Growing Place
First United Methodist- The Growing Place is a Christian early childhood center, serving children ages one through Kindergarten. Established in 1963 as a ministry of First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables, our school is founded on Christian beliefs, values, and traditions.
We value community and family involvement and take great pride in providing high quality early childhood education in a nurturing, stimulating, and anti-bias environment. First United Methodist- The Growing Place welcomes families from all backgrounds, faiths, ethnicities, and nationalities as we value being part of a culturally diverse community in the greater Miami area.
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Building on our educational philosophy, First United Methodist-The Growing Place is starting the process of implementing HighScope curriculum, a research based, and innovative approach to learning and development for toddler, preschool and elementary age children.
- HighScope's educational approach emphasizes "active participatory learning." Active learning means students have direct, hands-on experiences with people, objects, events, and ideas. Children`s interests and choices are at the heart of HighScope programs. They construct their own knowledge through interactions with the world and the people around them. Children take the first step in the learning process by making choices and following through on their plans and decisions. Teachers, caregivers, and parents offer physical, emotional, and intellectual support. In active learning settings, adults expand children`s thinking with diverse materials and nurturing interactions. Excerpts: HighScope. To read and learn more about HighScope, please visit: http://www.highscope.org.
Profile last updated:
I had my children at The Growing Place for 5 years (total time between the 2 of them). It is an absolutely wonderful place, the teachers are very caring and motherly towards the children. The religious aspect is as much as you want or as little as you want. I have spoken with many other parents from other schools and I sorta feel sorry for them and especially for their children. Many of the schools just cant compare.....
Endorse The Growing Place. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.