The Hilldale School
5.00 (1 review)
The Hilldale School Photo #2 - Learning to express oneself through writing is an important part of the Hilldale experience.
The Hilldale School Photo #3 - A student is ready to answer questions about her Science Fair project.
The Hilldale School Photo #4 - The first day of Kindergarten is exciting - a time to meet new friends, to learn, to grow!
The Hilldale School Photo #5 - Holiday celebrations make Pre-K a fun way to learn new ideas and show off our singing skills to parents!
The Hilldale School Photo #6 - During International Fair, students learn all about the art, history, language, geography, dance, religions, and cultures of the world.
- Hilldale School provides a challenging, comprehensive, accelerated K-8 curriculum especially appropriate for bright, motivated, children.
- Spanish, Music, Art, P.E., and Computer are a part of our balanced curriculum beginning in Kindergarten.
- We emphasize international knowledge and understanding, environmental awareness and responsibility, positive ethical and social values, and critical thinking.
- Teacher-student ratio of 1:18 or under allows a high level of personal attention.
- Optional free AM and PM extended care with specialty workshops and swimming. Great family-oriented parent community!.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||158 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants, polo shirt, and sweater for boys.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,550|
|Tuition Notes||This tuition includes before and after school care, 7:30 - 6:00, homework supervision, and most workshops (except for Pre-K--$925 per month 8:40 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. plus additional charge for morning and afternoon care).|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Erik Boice|
|Admissions Associate||Sasha Clayton|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and Sounds, Animal Care, Art Club, Basketball, Bricks4Kidz, Chess Club, Circus Arts, Cooking, Drama Club, Drumming/ Cuban Percussian, Enrichment Fridays, Gardening, Gymnastics, Hiking, Hip Hop Dance, Improv, Jr. Science Engineers, Music, Musical Theatre Ensemble, Photography, Robotics, Running, Russian, Soccer, Song, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), Swimming, Yearbook Club|
- Hilldale's Pre-Kindergarten emphasizes childhood literacy skills, math, science, social studies, art, music, and movement in order to prepare students for success in their educational life and beyond. Perfect for bright and gifted children who are ready to learn and have fun in a group setting! Our affiliated preschool, Early Learning Academy in Daly City, provides an excellent academic and social start for children ages 2-5.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Daly City Grades: NS-8 | 525 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
(650)756-3395 1.8 NS-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 250 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415)421-5219 8 NS-8
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 22 6-12
- Burlingame Grades: PK-12 | 889 students
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650)350-4528 9.9 PK-12
- Burlingame Grades: K-8 | 362 students
1300 Bayswater Avenue
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650)344-7176 10.1 K-8
We currently send both of our boys to Hilldale and we love the school. Academically, the school is fantastic! The students learn a grade ahead (1st grade Hilldale students actually learn material taught in 2nd grade in public schools, etc). The school also has the ability to move students around to differentiate learning for students who benefit from moving up or down a level. The focus on social and emotional learning is a fantastic compliment to the academic rigor. The students have a friendship assembly every Wednesday where teachers and administration teach the children how to be better people through stories, skits, and exercises. There is also a virtue of the week as well as a kindness challenge each week that allows the students to focus on a specific element of citizenship for that week. I have been able to spend a lot of time around the students through volunteer activities and the older students genuinely treat each other with kindness and respect. They're not "normal" kids who bully or tease each other. It is very refreshing to know our boys could grow up to be kind like them. The school has an excellent community of families. Many of the parents spend time together in the morning at the weekly parent coffee gatherings or as observers to the school assemblies. We also have quite a few opportunities for play dates outside of school. Don't let the old facilities scare you away; there are big plans for renovations over the coming years. Beneath the surface, Hilldale is an amazing place, and the quality of education, both academic and interpersonal is definitely worth the reasonable tuition price.
- Posted by Parent - shane
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.