The Hilldale School
5.00 (1 review)
Holiday celebrations make Pre-K a fun way to learn new ideas and show off our singing skills to parents!
During International Fair, students learn all about the art, history, language, geography, dance, religions, and cultures of the world.
- Hilldale School provides a challenging, comprehensive, accelerated K-8 curriculum especially appropriate for bright, motivated, children.
- Spanish, Music, Art, P.E., and Computer are a part of our balanced curriculum beginning in Kindergarten.
- We emphasize international knowledge and understanding, environmental awareness and responsibility, positive ethical and social values, and critical thinking.
- Teacher-student ratio of 1:18 or under allows a high level of personal attention.
- Optional free AM and PM extended care with specialty workshops and swimming. Great family-oriented parent community!.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,050|
|Tuition Notes||This tuition includes before and after school care, 7:30 - 6:00, homework supervision, and most workshops (except for Pre-K--$925 per month 8:40 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. plus additional charge for morning and afternoon care).|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kathi Sittner|
|Admissions Associate||Sasha Clayton|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and Sounds, Animal Care, Art Club, Basketball, Bricks4Kidz, Chess Club, Circus Arts, Cooking, Drama Club, Drumming/ Cuban Percussian, Enrichment Fridays, Gardening, Gymnastics, Hiking, Hip Hop Dance, Improv, Jr. Science Engineers, Music, Musical Theatre Ensemble, Photography, Robotics, Running, Russian, Soccer, Song, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), Swimming, Yearbook Clu|
- Hilldale's Pre-Kindergarten emphasizes childhood literacy skills, math, science, social studies, art, music, and movement in order to prepare students for success in their educational life and beyond. Perfect for bright and gifted children who are ready to learn and have fun in a group setting! Our affiliated preschool, Early Learning Academy in Daly City, provides an excellent academic and social start for children ages 2-5.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Daly CityGrades: KG-8 | 465 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
- San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 247 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
- Menlo ParkGrades: NS-5 | 292 students
2245 Avy Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025
- PacificaGrades: K-8 | 160 students
909 Oceana Blvd
Pacifica, CA 94044
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 273 students
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
We currently send both of our boys to Hilldale and we love the school. Academically, the school is fantastic! The students learn a grade ahead (1st grade Hilldale students actually learn material taught in 2nd grade in public schools, etc). The school also has the ability to move students around to differentiate learning for students who benefit from moving up or down a level. The focus on social and emotional learning is a fantastic compliment to the academic rigor. The students have a friendship assembly every Wednesday where teachers and administration teach the children how to be better people through stories, skits, and exercises. There is also a virtue of the week as well as a kindness challenge each week that allows the students to focus on a specific element of citizenship for that week. I have been able to spend a lot of time around the students through volunteer activities and the older students genuinely treat each other with kindness and respect. They're not "normal" kids who bully or tease each other. It is very refreshing to know our boys could grow up to be kind like them. The school has an excellent community of families. Many of the parents spend time together in the morning at the weekly parent coffee gatherings or as observers to the school assemblies. We also have quite a few opportunities for play dates outside of school. Don't let the old facilities scare you away; there are big plans for renovations over the coming years. Beneath the surface, Hilldale is an amazing place, and the quality of education, both academic and interpersonal is definitely worth the reasonable tuition price.
- Posted by Parent - shane
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.