The International School
- The mission of the International School is to provide children in the Metropolitan/Oakland County area with an opportunity to acquire second and third foreign language skills in an immersion program within a traditional college preparatory curriculum using trained native speakers and very small class sizes.
- Students at The International School are provided with the discipline to learn and achieve, the freedom to explore, the creativity of expression, and the compassion to understand.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: 1-12 | 174 students
1755 E Melton Rd
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248)642-1150 7.7 1-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-8 | 98 students
3976 S Livernois Rd
Rochester, MI 48307
(248)299-8755 12.5 PK-8
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.