- At Jefferson School At Finian Center, Students attend classes that encourage their success in curricula consistent with Maryland State Department of Education requirements.
- The School is also a caring community where students learn to develop healthy relationships with teachers, therapists, and other professional staff and one another while participating in a therapeutic milieu.
- The School is 10 miles south of Frederick, Maryland, located in Jefferson, Maryland.
- Fully accredited, the School provides services to both residential and day students.
- It includes a full size gymnasium, library/media center, art center, an environmental studies classroom and greenhouse, and a wood shop.
- In addition, the facility has dining, recreation and health service areas.
- The beautiful rural location offers many opportunities for outdoor recreation and nature studies, and an outdoor classroom/group meeting area widely used in suitable weather.
- The main campus school program currently accommodates over 100 children a day.
- Fifty students are residents of our psychiatric Residential Treatment Center and 50-60 are day students.
- The disabilities served are students with primary emotional disturbance, behavior disorders and secondary – learning, developmental and post traumatic stress disorders.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed The Jefferson School At Finan Center also viewed these schools: Calvary Christian Academy.
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.