The Jefferson School At Finan Center
- At Jefferson School At Finian Center, Students attend classes that encourage their success in curricula consistent with Maryland State Department of Education requirements.
- The School is also a caring community where students learn to develop healthy relationships with teachers, therapists, and other professional staff and one another while participating in a therapeutic milieu.
- The School is 10 miles south of Frederick, Maryland, located in Jefferson, Maryland.
- Fully accredited, the School provides services to both residential and day students.
- It includes a full size gymnasium, library/media center, art center, an environmental studies classroom and greenhouse, and a wood shop.
- In addition, the facility has dining, recreation and health service areas.
- The beautiful rural location offers many opportunities for outdoor recreation and nature studies, and an outdoor classroom/group meeting area widely used in suitable weather.
- The main campus school program currently accommodates over 100 children a day.
- Fifty students are residents of our psychiatric Residential Treatment Center and 50-60 are day students.
- The disabilities served are students with primary emotional disturbance, behavior disorders and secondary – learning, developmental and post traumatic stress disorders.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- People that viewed The Jefferson School At Finan Center also viewed these schools: Calvary Christian Academy.
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.