The Jefferson School At Finan Center
Tel: (301) 777-2258
- At Jefferson School At Finian Center, Students attend classes that encourage their success in curricula consistent with Maryland State Department of Education requirements.
- The School is also a caring community where students learn to develop healthy relationships with teachers, therapists, and other professional staff and one another while participating in a therapeutic milieu.
- The School is 10 miles south of Frederick, Maryland, located in Jefferson, Maryland.
- Fully accredited, the School provides services to both residential and day students.
- It includes a full size gymnasium, library/media center, art center, an environmental studies classroom and greenhouse, and a wood shop.
- In addition, the facility has dining, recreation and health service areas.
- The beautiful rural location offers many opportunities for outdoor recreation and nature studies, and an outdoor classroom/group meeting area widely used in suitable weather.
- The main campus school program currently accommodates over 100 children a day.
- Fifty students are residents of our psychiatric Residential Treatment Center and 50-60 are day students.
- The disabilities served are students with primary emotional disturbance, behavior disorders and secondary learning, developmental and post traumatic stress disorders.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Alternative School Network
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cumberland Grades: NS-12 | 211 students
14517 McMullen Hwy.
Cumberland, MD 21502
(301) 729-0791 5.4 NS-12
- Harrisonburg Grades: 4-12 | 17 students
1000 Chicago Ave
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
(540) 433-1374 82.2 4-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.