Students enjoy extensive experiential learning opportunities and field trips including camping experiences in the Cascades. Students also visit local watersheds, learn about the salmon habitat and have overnight trips to local environmental camps.
JDS has a competitive athletics program for Middle School students including soccer, volleyball, ultimate frisbee, basketball, golf and tennis.
Our arts program includes regular art and music classes for lower grades with an elective program for Middle School students including classes in pottery/ceramics, drawing, drumming, stop motion animation, golf and more.
- The Jewish Day School of Metropolitan Seattle is an independent school providing an exceptional education for children in Preschool through 8th Grade.
- At our core, is the seamless integration of a rigorous general studies and award-winning Jewish studies program with an emphasis on independent and critical thinking.
- JDS students explore and analyze complex issues and approach problem solving with both knowledge and creativity.
- They initiate new ideas, facilitate class discussions, collaborate effectively and articulate various perspectives - tools they will need to succeed in tomorrow's world.
- Guided by caring and dedicated teachers, our students learn to be active participants in the world.
- Our Jewish values, history and traditions serve as the foundation for an innovative character education curriculum that challenges students to be empathetic, compassionate and responsible world citizens.
- Puget Sound field study experiences inspire life-long environmental and community stewardship and our JDS athletics program promotes teamwork, leadership, sportsmanship and school spirit.
- "Where study leads to action," which comes from the Talmud, is as relevant today as in any time in our history.
- JDS students learn that with strong academics comes the privilege and responsibility to take action to create a better world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Available at: http://www.jds.org/admission/tuition-and-financial-aid|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Amy Adler|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Student Government, Team Yerukim (Green Team) Student Government,
Team Yerukim (Green Team),
- JDS offers a comprehensive, inquiry-based curriculum which develops students who excel academically in high school and college.
- Second language is taught in in all grades with travel in Israel capping the JDS experience.
- Language arts, math, science, social studies and Judaics are enhanced by the study of art, music and physical education.
- Students use digital technologies and multimedia to communicate ideas and connect with individuals and events around the world.
- Our graduates attend public schools and Pacific Northwest independent schools including Lakeside, Bush, Seattle Academy of Arts and Sciences, University Prep, Overlake, The Northwest School and NW Yeshiva High School.
- Our alumni are accepted into prestigious universities in the US and around the world including Columbia, Yale, Harvard, Brandeis, Tufts, Stanford, Boston University, The University of Birmingham (UK), Yeshivat Shvilei Hatorah (Israel), Yeshiva Dauch Ha Talmud (Israel) and the University of Haifa (Israel).
- From Preschool through 8th Grade, the understanding and performance of daily mitzvot are an integral part of the JDS experience. Students apply their moral compass and learn to be upstanders rather than bystanders. They initiate service projects, volunteer their time and work together to make the world a better place.
- JDS houses the Jewish Family Service (JFS) Eastside Food Bank with 3rd graders responsible for packing groceries and distributing the bags to food bank clients each month. 7th grade students prepare and cook additional food items for them.
- Mitzvah Day is a school day dedicated to the entire school going into the community to perform on-location community service projects.
- Students are encouraged to find ways they can make a difference in the world which have included projects for Haiti earthquake relief, projects for homeless teenagers and working with special needs children through the local Friendship Circle organization.
- Our award-winning Team Yerukim (student-led green team) creates and promotes green initiatives such as campus waste reduction which has resulted in our being named a King County Green School.
People that viewed The Jewish Day School of Metropolitan Seattle also viewed these schools: Eastside Christian School.
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.