The King's Academy
- The King's Academy uses the School of Tomorrow's curriculum and procedures, as well as conventional classroom classes for subjects better suited to that format.
- We feel a mix of curriculum, teaching methods, and instructional formats gives a student the broadest, most diverse, most thorough education.
- One of the most desirable features of our program is the ability to completely tailor an educational plan for every individual.
- We believe strongly that no two students are alike, and that the tendency of schools to group kids by age and take them all through a course together is short sighted and is the main cause for the academic frustration at both ends of the spectrum of students-gifted and challenged.
- The staff of The King's Academy are all dedicated Christians who have been given by God the gift of teaching.
- The teachers also take seriously their role as mentors. In addition to turning out well-educated students, we want to turn out respectful, responsible, motivated human beings.
- We want out students to be nice people. Part of their training here involves learning how to be that.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.