The Learning Community International
- TLCI is a unique private school without walls where your child is our agenda.
- We offer customized educational services for students in Maryland, the United States, and internationally.
- Our individualized program includes curriculum specialists, tutors, project mentors, college and career talents and strengths counseling, and face to face advising.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ALL|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||500 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||1 students|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies upon grade level and concierge services.|
|Admissions Director||Manfred Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy DeLuca Stempel|
- Our mission of empowering individuals to reach their highest potential goes far beyond the confines of curricula, schedules, and requirements. Our passion is the transformation of education from basic data collection to a dynamic process of knowledge creation. TLCI has a student-centered vision of education. Our educational team guides students by leveraging knowledge and resources via a Socratic process that develops responsible, motivated, self-aware students who pursue their goals and dreams. As we encourage and support our students’ interests, they discover that learning and growing are deep, lasting, and empowering experiences. From working with students for many years, we have become convinced that the most powerful learning experiences occur when students discover and tap their innate talents and interests. By taking advantage of self-knowledge gleaned from strengths and talents assessments, the use of an individualized curriculum and critical feedback from their personal advisor, TLCI students are inspired to pursue their studies in harmony with who they are. TLCI invites you to become partners on an educational journey that will inspire your students to realize their fullest potential and grow wise with clarity and intentionality.
Profile last updated: 05/13/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AnnapolisGrades: NS-12 | 650 students
534 Hillsmere Drive
Annapolis, MD 21403
- SevernGrades: PK-12 | 923 students
109 Burns Crossing Road
Severn, MD 21144
- CrownsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 643 students
680 Evergreen Road
Crownsville, MD 21032
- Glen BurnieGrades: PK-8 | 685 students
120 Dorsey Road
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
- AnnapolisGrades: NS-6 | 164 students
1641 N Winchester Rd
Annapolis, MD 21409
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.