The Learning Community International
- TLCI A Unique Approach to Education ~ Customized Learning Anywhere in The World. TLCI is the perfect marriage of private school and home education providing a professionally guided customized program of learning tailored to each learners` needs, interests, and goals using the whole world as the classroom. Since 1984 we have attracted learners worldwide with diverse needs and interests. Learners who have ceased to thrive in traditional schools, the highly motivated who have a dedicated passion, and learners with disabilities and learning differences, are all welcomed. The heart of TLCI`s program is a personal advisor and the Individualized Learning Plan (ILP). The design of the ILP awakens the learners` intrinsic motivation at every grade level.
- Together you and your advisor collaborate in the design of your child`s learning plan with a creative and inspiring approach to math, English, social studies, science, and other studies based on their interests, strengths and talents, and ultimately their college and career goals. The Learning Community International is a Middle States accredited private school registered with the Maryland Department of Education and offers a K-12 program in Maryland and internationally.
- TLCI also operates a homeschool umbrella program recognized by the State of Maryland as a registered nonpublic educational institution.
- The Maryland homeschool regulation, COMAR 13A.10.01, requires families to participate in up to 3 portfolio reviews each year.
- These compliance reviews serve to confirm that a family is providing their child with "regular, thorough instruction." .
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ALL|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||2500 for currently enrolled students 2900 for non enrolled|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies upon grade level and concierge services. HS 7500 MIddle 4900 K-5 3900|
|Admissions Director||Nancy De Luca Stempel|
|Admissions Associate||Manfred Smith|
- Our mission of empowering individuals to reach their highest potential goes far beyond the confines of curricula, schedules, and requirements. Our passion is the transformation of education from basic data collection to a dynamic process of knowledge creation.TLCI has a student-centered vision of education. Our educational team guides students by leveraging knowledge and resources via a Socratic process that develops responsible, motivated, self-aware students who pursue their goals and dreams. As we encourage and support our students` interests, they discover that learning and growing are deep, lasting, and empowering experiences.From working with students for many years, we have become convinced that the most powerful learning experiences occur when students discover and tap their innate talents and interests. By taking advantage of self-knowledge gleaned from strengths and talents assessments, the use of an individualized curriculum and critical feedback from their personal advisor, TLCI students are inspired to pursue their studies in harmony with who they are.TLCI invites you to become partners on an educational journey that will inspire your students to realize their fullest potential and grow wise with clarity and intentionality.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Grades: 3-12 | 322 students
1277 Green Holly Drive
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410) 974-4248 23.2 3-12