The Lourie Ctr School Of The Reginald S Lourie
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 37 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Lourie Center School, established in 1986, is a private school for children with special needs, certified by the Maryland State Department of Education The School serves children from nursery through grade five who have complex emotional and developmental problems which interfere with their ability to learn in a traditional school setting. The program runs for 11 months each year to provide continuity of structure, consistency in relationships, educational programming, and ongoing provision of therapies to our students. Our students currently come from Montgomery County, Prince George's County and Washington, D.C. The school program combines an educational curriculum with therapeutic services to strengthen children's emotional resources, social capacities, cognitive development, motor abilities, speech and language skills. Class size ranges from 6 to 8 children, with a minimum of one adult for three children. Maximum school enrollment is 40 children.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for The Lourie Ctr School Of The Reginald S Lourie?
The application deadline for The Lourie Ctr School Of The Reginald S Lourie is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Lourie Ctr School Of The Reginald S Lourie. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards