The Lutheran School Of St. Luke
5.00 (2 reviews)
The Lutheran School Of St. Luke Photo #2 - One of our Pre-Kindergarten classes enjoying carpet time!
The Lutheran School Of St. Luke Photo #5 - Assemblies are not all clowning around, but we do like to have fun.
The Lutheran School Of St. Luke Photo #6 - Now how does that song go, "The leg bone connected to the .... ?"
The Lutheran School Of St. Luke Photo #7 - Cooperative learning between the grades. Here an 8th grader with his Kindergarten "buddies."
The Lutheran School Of St. Luke Photo #8 - Our handbell choir is only one part of a strong music program.
The Lutheran School Of St. Luke Photo #9 - Some of our teachers enjoying the relaxed dress code of "Crash and Clash" day during National Lutheran Education Week! Please don't let this scare you away from visiting our school!
- Lutheran School of St. Luke offers an excellent, fully accredited, Christ-centered education for your child featuring dedicated, certified, and experienced teachers, Preschool through 8th grade. The Early Childhood Program includes a 3 day half-day Preschool program, a 5 day, half-day Pre-Kindergaten class and full day Kindergarten.
- Saint Luke holds high academic standards to provide a foundation for high school and college.
- Enrichment activities for children and their families include choir, bell choir, band program, outdoor education, operetta, computer instruction, field trips, after school clubs and weekend youth activities, Christian activities for parents, Parent Teacher League and more.
- Small class sizes provide opportunity for personal attention and individualized instruction.
- Very strong in providing a foundation in the Christian faith and living. Very family oriented.
- Saint Luke also provides Child Care from 6:30am-6:00pm through their Christian Care program. .
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,575|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Preschool $2020 three days a week Tuition for Pre-Kindergarten 5 days, $2424 New Students 1-8 50% off first year tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Computer Explorers, Lego League, Student Council (Middle School)
Arts and Music Programs:
Hand Bell Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Camp, Volleyball Club
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Addison Grades: NS-PK
950 N Lombard Rd
Addison, IL 60101
(630)629-6145 1.6 NS-PK
- Wood Dale Grades: PK-8 | 165 students
260 N Wood Dale Rd
Wood Dale, IL 60191
(630)766-4508 1.6 PK-8
- Itasca Grades: PK-K | 119 students
270 Windsor Dr
Itasca, IL 60143
(630)250-0400 1.7 PK-K
- Wood Dale Grades: NS-2 | 140 students
180 Hansen Ct
Wood Dale, IL 60191
(630)595-8200 1.7 NS-2
- Addison Grades: PK-8 | 241 students
1233 W Holtz Ave
Addison, IL 60101
(630)543-4130 1.9 PK-8
As a parent of a preschooler I was the most impressed with: - Small student body (every teacher knows my child's name :-) ) -The compassionate and caring faculty - Computer class offered starting at pre-k - Wood working classes taught even to preschool (for Christmas they made a little tree don't worry no saws or power tools ;-) ) - positive reinforcement with homework ( she brings home a worksheet once a week that takes about 10-15 mins to complete and is praised for the work when she turns it in; as a result she can't wait to show me her worksheet and do it!!!) - progression of writing her name - she knows Jesus loves her and that God created everything Overall excellent school and so happy we found Saint Lukes Absolutely love the environment and the sense of community within the school!
- Posted by Parent - Susie
Saint Luke is a place that you want to put your child. It is a place where the love of Christ is taught and lived out. It will not take you long to find out how much the teachers care for your children and go out of their way to meet their educational needs. My children were very well prepared for high school, with all four of them placing in honors and AP programs. I am so pleased they had the foundation they received at Saint Luke
- Posted by Parent - alexd
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.