The Montessori Childrens School
- "The mission of the Montessori Children's School is: to inspire a passion for excellence in all of the children and adults who are a part of its community, to nurture the curiosity, creativity and imagination born within each of us and to awaken the human spirit of every child.
- The purpose then, of our school is to meet this objective.
- This is done in two ways: first, by allowing each child to experience the excitement of learning by her own choice rather than by being forced, and second, by helping him to perfect all his natural tools for learning so that his ability will be at a maximum in future learning situations.
- The Montessori materials have this dual long-range purpose in addition to their immediate purpose of giving specific information to the child.".
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San Luis ObispoGrades: PK-12 | 394 students
165 Grand Avenue
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
TempletonGrades: 1-8 | 34 students
1460 Plum Orchard Ln
Templeton, CA 93465
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?