- The Potter's House School began in 1981 as an elementary school with 12 students and 2 volunteer teachers.
- The school was started out of a desire to offer a Christ-centered education to families of all ethnic heritages and income levels.
- A middle school was added in 1992, and the high school program begin in 1998. In addition to equipping our students for economic success, our loving teachers deliver a college-prep curriculum that equips our students to be leaders, godly people of impeccable character, who will use their gifts to make a positive difference for Christ in their family, work place, neighborhoods, and community.
- We train professionals who are change agents and thinkers; people who passionately glorify God in the world, who use their talents to bring His kingdom to the workplace.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Government, AP Literature and Composition, AP Spanish,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on a percentage of a family's income|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Amanda Bowerman|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||School Play, Student Council School Play, Student Council,
- Enrollment at The Potter's House High School includes completion of an application and an interview with the school administrator. An application form is available by contacting the Admissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our school website at: http://pottershouseschool.org/apply/
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grand RapidsGrades: 9-12 | 947 students
2300 Plymouth Ave Se
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Grand RapidsGrades: PK-12 | 540 students
810 Van Raalte Dr Sw
Grand Rapids, MI 49509
Grand RapidsGrades: 9-12 | 632 students
319 Sheldon Blvd Se
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.