The Ramaz School
Tel: (212) 774-8000
Founded in 1937, the Ramaz School is a co-educational Modern Orthodox day school, for students in Nursery through 12th grade. The school offers its students a fully integrated, comprehensive, and enriched program in both General and Judaic Studies. The curriculum is designed to encourage students to grow intellectually, religiously, and spiritually, while meeting the needs of a broad range of abilities. The school is located on New York`s Upper East Side, where nearby landmark museums, cultural institutions, and political venues are integrated into the school curricula. For more information, please visit: www.ramaz.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 26|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Field Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Field Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
- In the heart of New York City is Ramaz - a Modern Orthodox Day School with a rich history of Jewish education, academic distinction, and nurturing of individual abilities and aspirations. Anchored in the teaching of Torah and mitzvot (good deeds), students` lives are enriched by an exceptional, devoted faculty; a Hebrew immersion program that begins in Nursery; a love for Israel; the cultural resources of Manhattan; and pride in their American heritage. To be a student at Ramaz is to be encouraged, supported, and taught how to discover the best in oneself and in others, and to gain a profound, spirited sense of responsibility to the world. At Ramaz chesed (kindness), co-curricular activities, sports teams, and the performing arts are central in school life; students learn to respect tradition, and at the same time, to challenge norms; inclusivity is not just a lesson, it`s a core value. Even young children become leaders who contribute to the Jewish community and improve the world around them. Ramaz is a school from nursery through 12th grade, but its education lasts a lifetime.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: NS-12 | 882 students
20 W End Ave
New York, NY 10023
(212) 246-7717 1.5 NS-12
- New York Grades: NS-8 | 146 students
805 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10025
(212) 427-9500 1.4 NS-8
- New York Grades: K-8 | 407 students
132 E 78th St
New York, NY 10075
(212) 288-6710 0.2 K-8
- New York Grades: K-9 | 372 students
113 E 73rd St
New York, NY 10021
(212) 535-8787 0.2 K-9
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.