- The Richmond Montessori School mission is to provide for each student a well-rounded, individualized education and developmental experience that is grounded in Montessori principles and that nurtures an enduring love of learning.
- RMS will be a model educational community that provides a creative, responsive learning environment, which nurtures each child's innate and unique tendency for growth and development, for the mutual benefit of the child, the family and the greater community.
- RMS strives for excellence in its programs, operations, staff and students.
- RMS strives to create a safe, caring, stable environment that is child-centered and community-oriented.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Ranges from $8,950 to $13,525. Tuition covers all expenses of the Montessori curriculum and specialty programs, with the exception of required grade specific fees (i.e., Technology Fee, Middle School fee).|
|Admissions Director||Grainne Murray|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
11600 Gayton Rd
Richmond, VA 23238
RichmondGrades: PK-12 | 164 students
4000 Creighton Road
Richmond, VA 23223
RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 128 students
1301 Robin Hood Road
Richmond, VA 23227
RichmondGrades: K-8 | 94 students
4207 Forest Hill Ave
Richmond, VA 23225
RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 190 students
3400 Stony Point Rd
Richmond, VA 23235
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.