The Seashore School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Seashore was the only NJ middle school and one of three in the USA to win a 2016 Crown and was named a 2017 Crown Finalist again from Columbia University. Seashore will receive its second Crown at a NYC awards ceremony March 18. The student newspaper is so successful, Seashore Student Views Jr was started this year for grade school.
Seashore Preschool takes learning beyond the classroom and way beyond the basics. We are the only school that offers an entire campus for 3-year olds and another for pre-k with bright classrooms, science labs, computers, art studios, music rooms, gyms and indoor heated pools. After academics, students take specials like year-round swim lessons --so successful most swim in no time.
Giving children a foundation they can count on, Seashore Pre-Kindergarten is the most popular Monmouth County Pre-K. To keep class size small, there are three classes for the 45 children enrolled. Students learn to form upper and lower case letters, count to 100, take Spanish, science lab, art, music, Intro To Technology, gym & swimming, and go on field trips.
Seashore offers SMALL CLASSES and BIG RESULTS. Our caring veteran teachers know and truly care about each student. They provide individual attention that ensures students reach their full potential. If a child has difficulty understanding a concept, the problem is quickly resolved so frustration does not occur. Those ready for more receive accelerated work that challenges even the brightest.
Seashore keeps students engaged with Promethean ActivBoards in all grade school classrooms. Using this technology, teachers can take lessons further and supplement textbook learning with real-time news events as they are happening. Students can visit distant parts of the world, do math equations, see letters form, share a book on a screen and instantaneously be assessed.
The Seashore School was chosen to participate in Stars of Hope, an international initiative. Students were given an opportunity to express their feelings about 9/11 and Hurricane Sandy through art. The volunteer organization has done projects from Japan and Ireland to Boston, Newton and Long Branch. When complete, thousands of stars with messages of hope were displayed throughout the community.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, Seashore Players delivered a sweet treat with 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' in their theater 'On Broadway.' For the past decade, the after school performing arts company has brought the house down with large scale hits including Seussical, Wizard of Oz, Cinderella, Annie, Into The Woods & Peter Pan opening March 30-April 2.
To enhance education and give students a real-life understanding of what they are studying in the classroom, there are field trips to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 9/11 Museum, Columbia University's Fall Journalism Conference, Liberty Science Center, Physics Day at Great Adventure, fossiling at Poricy Park, Clean Ocean Action Summit, Jenkinsons Aquarium and more.
The Seashore School has a 43 year history of success. Students typically are accepted to the high schools of their choice including High Technology High School, Biotechnology High School, Allied Health & Science, Communications, MAST, CBA and Red Bank Regional's Specialized Academies. Graduates from the class of 2015, 2014 and 2012 are currently attending High Tech.
- If you are looking for a school where your child will be happy, challenged and ahead of the game, The Seashore School is the place to be.
- For 40 years, a Seashore education has not only led to acceptance at the most prestigious high schools.
- It has made learning fun and given students endless opportunities to discover new talents, expand their horizons, gain insights, look at things from different perspectives, build confidence, make lasting friendships and develop the skills to excel academically, athletically and socially.
- From preschool through eighth grade, we offer advanced, diversified curriculums that include foreign language, technology, science lab, music, art studio, physical education and year-round swim lessons, plus specialized training in drama, dance and singing for those interested in performing arts.
- Our approach to education is so succesful, students typically perform a grade above their peers, score in the top percent of standardized exams, won a 2013 First Place Gold Circle Award from Columbia University's Scholastic Press Association and 2011, 2012 and 2013 Silver Medals from judges at the Ivy League University's Graduate School of Journalism, won the 2013 People's Choice Award from the Save The Jersey Shore Art Contest, took first in Marine Academy of Science and Technology (MAST) Middle School Tournaments, are recognized nationally for academic achievement by Johns Hopkins Center For Talented Youth and gain acceptance into the high schools of their choice -- including top ranked High Technology High School, Biotechnology, Allied Health & Science, Communications, MAST and Christian Brothers Academy.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||241 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(clean and neat)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes door-to-door transportation, books and supplies.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Villapiano|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, Swimming, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Award Winning Student Newspaper, Ceramics, Cheer Dancing, Chess, Dance, Drama, Edible School Yard Cooking Elective, Gymastics, Jewelry Making, Spanish Club, Swimming, Yoga Art, Ceramics, Cheer Dancing, Chess, Dance, Drama, Gymastics, Jewelry Making, Spanish Club, Swimming, Yoga, Award Winning Student Newspaper,
Edible School Yard Cooking Elective,
- Seashore is the only school that offers an entire campus for preschool and another for pre-kindergarten with bright classrooms, computer and science labs, indoor heated pools, gyms, state of the art gymmastics equipment and playgrounds.
- Our Full-Day Kindergarten includes extras most schools do not offer at this level like foreign language, hands-on experiments in our science lab, computer lab, year-round swim lessons and an advanced reading program with proven results. By mid year most children read on their own and by the end of the year can recognize nearly 1,000 words.
- In addition to a strong academic curriculum, aspiring young actors can take drama, dance and singing lessons needed to put on professionally produced full-scale productions. As part of their program they go to Broadway plays and take workshops with stars in the shows they see.
- Seashore offers an award winning education. We were the only middle school in the USA to win a 2013 First Place Gold Circle Award from Columbia University's Scholastic Press Association and 2011, 2012 and 2013 Silver Medals from judges at the Ivy League's Graduate School of Journalism for the student newspaper Seashore Student Views. Students also won a Peoples Choice Award in the Save The Jersey Shore Art Contest, have taken first in the Marine Academcy of Science and Technology Middle School Tournaments and are consistently recognized for achievement by Johns Hopkins Center For Talented Youth and The White House.
- Seashore teams break records and make it to the Playoffs. The Sharks won the 2013 Salvation Army Red Kettle Classic, bringing home the trophy the third year in a row. The 2013 track team sent a record number to the All Star Meet.
- In addition to its exceptional education, Seashore offers a wholesome, family environment free of the typical middle school experimenting that can derail lives. Students develop close friendships with children who are so focused on athletics, the arts and hobbies ranging from horseback riding to fencing, dance, singing, community and professional theater and competitive skating that veering off course is not even on their radar.
- Seashore graduates consistently gain acceptance to the high schools of their choice including top ranked Biotech, High Tech, MAST, Communications, Allied, CBA and Red Bank Regional High School's Specialized Academies.
- For parents convenience, we offer free door-to-door transportation, free childcare from 7:30-9a.m. for those who have to be at work early, extended care until 6p.m. and a 12-month plan that covers school, camp and everything inbetween at a substantial savings.>
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LincroftGrades: PK-8 | 343 students
347 Middletown Lincroft Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
EatontownGrades: NS-12 | 705 students
235 Hope Road
Eatontown, NJ 07724
Sea GirtGrades: NS-8 | 220 students
2135 Highway 35
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
LincroftGrades: K-9 | 598 students
550 Newman Springs Rd
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Red BankGrades: PK-8 | 572 students
30 Peters Pl
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Excellent english, math, and arts programs. Outstanding swimming training/coaching with indoor and outdoor pools, exceptional athletics program with interesting variants like wall climbing, etc. Small school where everyone knows each other so kids don't slip through the cracks. While they have them, their computer and foreign languages are weak compared to Ranney School. Their summer camp is the best I could find in NJ with activities from surfing to sailing to beach, to swimming, basketball, etc. with things to do on rainy days. They have coverage before and after schools, so if both parents work, they can attend from 7:30am to 6pm. Overall, excellent private school with supportive teachers and interesting activities.
- Posted by Parent - group
LOVE LOVE LOVE the school! We have 2 enrolled and on on the way! Excellent reputation for academics and offerings, it's summer camp program is second to none. Compared to any public or private school in the area, we felt that this was really the best possible education available for our children in Monmouth County. Have also considered to nearby Ranney, and found nothing lacking in comparison but the higher cost of tuition. Academics and offerings included in the general curriculum are superior to any of the schools we could find in the area. Children are challenged to their individual ability which was very important to us, and not held back because the class is limited to teaching to the state curriculum or a state test. Many of the children who attend here are very bright. Science lab and teacher- very impressive. Drama, swim, Spanish, yoga- all part of the weekly curriculum during the school day- these are not after school actives. Because of the drama program, not only can many of the children here sing, act, and dance- but I doubt that many of them will have a problem speaking in public as they become older. The children become so accustomed to being on stage performing, it's almost second nature to be in front of an audience. The principal is an absolutely amazing woman. You feel as if you are leaving your children with a trusted family member with her in the building, and you will often find her helping out in the classrooms- she truly loves her students. Have highly recommended this school to many friends in the area. If you are as particular about your child's education as we are, and nothing but the best will do; no need to look further this is your school.
- Posted by Parent - Nicol
My 3 year old twin boys started at Seashore in 2014 and would rate the experience as above excellent. In the 1/2 day program, they are busy learning the entire morning with science, swimming, arts and crafts, gym, music and more. The "family" atmosphere is so welcoming and easy going. All this, and having the bus picked up and dropped off everyday makes it that much easier.
- Posted by Parent - jolie
We love this school. Our daughter is in the Pre-K program and she is doing fantastic. The class sizes are small, there is door to door transportations and tons of extras (swimming, gym, writing/reading, science, yoga, gym, Spanish, computers, etc...). She is learning so much and obtaining great confidence.
- Posted by Parent - marin
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017