The Shim Academy Of Montessori
- In 1997, The Shim Academy of Montessori was founded in an effort to create a non-biased curriculum within a multi-cultural, mixed socio-economic, interracial environment, where children and teachers can delight in each individual's special qualities.
- The Shim Academy is more that just another Child Care Center.
- We at the Shim Academy instill in our students that learning is a life long process.
- We realize that the children have a natural spontaneous love of learning and natural desire to work.
- This is why we have committed ourselves to provide the environment, materials and the right conditions to which children will establish good work habits.
- The Shim Academy offers a positive atmosphere where children will develop self-confidence, self-esteem, independence, and self-discipline.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Admissions Director||Marina Moriello|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bridgewater Grades: PK-3 | 97 students
120 Finderne Avenue
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(908) 595-2900 17.9 PK-3
- Edison Grades: PK-2 | 340 students
6 Kilmer Rd
Edison, NJ 08817
(732) 339-9041 12.1 PK-2
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.