The Shim Academy Of Montessori
- In 1997, The Shim Academy of Montessori was founded in an effort to create a non-biased curriculum within a multi-cultural, mixed socio-economic, interracial environment, where children and teachers can delight in each individual's special qualities.
- The Shim Academy is more that just another Child Care Center.
- We at the Shim Academy instill in our students that learning is a life long process.
- We realize that the children have a natural spontaneous love of learning and natural desire to work.
- This is why we have committed ourselves to provide the environment, materials and the right conditions to which children will establish good work habits.
- The Shim Academy offers a positive atmosphere where children will develop self-confidence, self-esteem, independence, and self-discipline.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Admissions Director||Marina Moriello|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WestfieldGrades: PK-1 | 97 students
510 Hillcrest Avenue
Westfield, NJ 07090
- MorristownGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
21 Cutler Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
- EdisonGrades: K-3 | 140 students
6 Kilmer Rd
Edison, NJ 08817
- PrincetonGrades: NS-8 | 190 students
487 Cherry Valley Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
- ParsippanyGrades: PK-6 | 442 students
499 Park Rd
Parsippany, NJ 07054
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.