The Shim Academy Of Montessori
- In 1997, The Shim Academy of Montessori was founded in an effort to create a non-biased curriculum within a multi-cultural, mixed socio-economic, interracial environment, where children and teachers can delight in each individual's special qualities.
- The Shim Academy is more that just another Child Care Center.
- We at the Shim Academy instill in our students that learning is a life long process.
- We realize that the children have a natural spontaneous love of learning and natural desire to work.
- This is why we have committed ourselves to provide the environment, materials and the right conditions to which children will establish good work habits.
- The Shim Academy offers a positive atmosphere where children will develop self-confidence, self-esteem, independence, and self-discipline.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Admissions Director||Marina Moriello|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WestfieldGrades: PK-1 | 97 students
510 Hillcrest Avenue
Westfield, NJ 07090
MorristownGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
21 Cutler Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
EdisonGrades: K-3 | 140 students
6 Kilmer Rd
Edison, NJ 08817
PrincetonGrades: NS-8 | 150 students
487 Cherry Valley Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
ParsippanyGrades: PK-6 | 442 students
499 Park Rd
Parsippany, NJ 07054
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?