The Sidwell Friends School
Tel: (202) 537-6900
- Sidwell Friends School is an educational community inspired by the values of the Religious Society of Friends and guided by the Quaker belief in "That of God" in each person.
- We seek academically talented students of diverse cultural, racial, religious and economic backgrounds.
- We offer these students a rich and rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum designed to stimulate creative inquiry, intellectual achievement and independent thinking in a world increasingly without borders.
- We encourage these students to test themselves in athletic competition and to give expression to their artistic abilities.
- We draw strength from silence—and from the power of individual and collective reflection.
- We cultivate in all members of our community high personal expectations and integrity, respect for consensus, and an understanding of how diversity enriches us, why stewardship of the natural world matters and why service to others enhances life.
- Above all, we seek to be a school that nurtures a genuine love of learning and teaches students "to let their lives speak.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||140 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: K-12 | 837 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 983-5711 6.2 K-12
- Bethesda Grades: 3-12 | 655 students
6101 Wilson Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 320-3200 1.4 3-12
- Bethesda Grades: NS-12 | 713 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 657-4322 1.4 NS-12
- Rockville Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
5100 Randolph Road
Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 770-5335 4.7 6-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.