The Sidwell Friends School
- Sidwell Friends School is an educational community inspired by the values of the Religious Society of Friends and guided by the Quaker belief in "That of God" in each person.
- We seek academically talented students of diverse cultural, racial, religious and economic backgrounds.
- We offer these students a rich and rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum designed to stimulate creative inquiry, intellectual achievement and independent thinking in a world increasingly without borders.
- We encourage these students to test themselves in athletic competition and to give expression to their artistic abilities.
- We draw strength from silence—and from the power of individual and collective reflection.
- We cultivate in all members of our community high personal expectations and integrity, respect for consensus, and an understanding of how diversity enriches us, why stewardship of the natural world matters and why service to others enhances life.
- Above all, we seek to be a school that nurtures a genuine love of learning and teaches students "to let their lives speak.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||140 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: NS-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301)299-8500 6.2 NS-12
- Bethesda Grades: 3-12 | 655 students
6101 Wilson Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301)320-3200 1.4 3-12
- Bethesda Grades: NS-12 | 744 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301)657-4322 1.4 NS-12
- Rockville Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
5100 Randolph Road
Rockville, MD 20852
(301)770-5335 4.7 6-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.