The Sidwell Friends School
- Sidwell Friends School is an educational community inspired by the values of the Religious Society of Friends and guided by the Quaker belief in "That of God" in each person.
- We seek academically talented students of diverse cultural, racial, religious and economic backgrounds.
- We offer these students a rich and rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum designed to stimulate creative inquiry, intellectual achievement and independent thinking in a world increasingly without borders.
- We encourage these students to test themselves in athletic competition and to give expression to their artistic abilities.
- We draw strength from silence—and from the power of individual and collective reflection.
- We cultivate in all members of our community high personal expectations and integrity, respect for consensus, and an understanding of how diversity enriches us, why stewardship of the natural world matters and why service to others enhances life.
- Above all, we seek to be a school that nurtures a genuine love of learning and teaches students "to let their lives speak.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||140 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 685 students
6101 Wilson Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
- PotomacGrades: K-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
- BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
4800 Sangamore Road
Bethesda, MD 20816
- Sandy SpringGrades: PK-12 | 589 students
16923 Norwood Road
Sandy Spring, MD 20860
- RockvilleGrades: 6-12 | 60 students
5100 Randolph Road
Rockville, MD 20852
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.