The Stanwich School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Stanwich School serves 233 students in grades Nursery/Preschool-12 and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- The student:teacher of The Stanwich School is 4:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
The Stanwich School places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||233 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Keith Radcliffe|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenwich Grades: NS-12 | 1251 students
401 Old Church Rd
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203)863-5600 3.5 NS-12
- Stamford Grades: PK-12 | 695 students
1450 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
(203)322-3496 4.5 PK-12
My kids have been at Stanwich for several years now and couldn't be happier. This is a solid (albeit small) school with extremely high academic standards, a kind environment, and a strong and involved parent community. Most happy with the solid academic foundation my kids are getting here.
- Posted by Parent - nsa77
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.