The Swain School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Swain School is an independent, coed day school located on 20 acres in Salisbury Township in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania. We offer a progressive curriculum with academic rigor to 300 students in Preschool through 8th grade; they come from 22 area school districts.
- Features include a thorough program of arts (visual, music, and drama), state-of-the art science and technology, languages, a thoughtfully-designed character education program, numerous off-campus experiences, and a full selection of athletics and after-school activities.
- The Imaginate Center - a fully-equipped Makerspace - was opened in the fall of 2015 and is home to scheduled classes, after-school programs, and summer camps.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Rates vary by grade level; available at www.swain.org/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Karen Fabiano|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Fit, Dance, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, SoccerArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Cross Fit,
Dance, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Choral ensembles, Dramatic plays, Instrumental ensembles and band, Musical
Recreational Athletic Programs:
After-school recreational athletic programs
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Allentown Grades: PK-8 | 247 students
1151 S Cedar Crest Blvd
Allentown, PA 18103
(610)776-7301 1.2 PK-8
- Allentown Grades: NS-8 | 391 students
210 North 18th Street
Allentown, PA 18104
(610)435-8981 1.4 NS-8
We have one child at Swain in Pre-K. He started there last year in preschool and we were hooked. Honestly, we knew it was home during the tour, when every student, faculty and staff member greeted us smiles that only come from loving where you are. We have so much trust in Swain and it's mission. Every member of the community cares about the place and the people. Our son wakes up every morning excited for school. From private music lessons (at age 4) to challenging & fun curriculum, it's unparalleled. Just a visit. The Swain experience envelopes you. Proud to be a Swain parent, every single day.
- Posted by Parent - SwainMom
Absolutely amazing school. We have 2 kids there with plans to start our youngest next year. Amazing community. Love the educational approach. This Day and Age, anyone can look up facts. But swain teaches how to be curious. My kids love going to school every day.
- Posted by Parent - S
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.