The Willows Academy
- The Willows Academy is an independent, college preparatoryschool that empowers young women in grades 6 - 12 to strive for academic and moral excellence and a lifelong commitment to service based on the teachings of the Catholic Church.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||218 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, European History, French Language, Latin, Spanish Language, U.S. History,|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid/scholarships available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Kathryn Ferry|
|Admissions Associate||Lupe Garcia|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chamber Choir, Environmental Club, Fall Play, Handbell Choir, International Club, Newspaper, Pro-Life Club, Spring Musical, Yearbook Art Club, Chamber Choir, Fall Play, Handbell Choir, Newspaper, Pro-Life Club, Spring Musical, Yearbook, Environmental Club,|
- Willows Academy is an all girl school with an all female faculty.
- All courses at Willows Academy are taught at an honors level or above.
- Each student has an advisor who serves as her mentor throughout the seven years of the program.
- Our students embrace growth through participation in clubs,athletics and arts; no previous experience needed.
- Willows Academy has an impressive five year athletics snapshot:Illinois State Qualifiers in soccer and cross-country;Regional Champs in volleyball; Independent School League Champs in softball;many 'Coach of the Year' awards.
- This year's graduating class earned nearly $5 million inmeritscholarships for college! (Average of $100K perstudent!)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount ProspectGrades: PK-8 | 259 students
18 S School Street
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
- Arlington HeightsGrades: 9-12 | 988 students
1213 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
- Mount ProspectGrades: PK-8 | 465 students
1400 E Central Road
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
- ElmhurstGrades: 9-12 | 340 students
217 S Cottage Hill Ave
Elmhurst, IL 60126
- WilmetteGrades: NS-8 | 459 students
808 Linden Ave
Wilmette, IL 60091
As a graduate of The Willows Academy, I am so glad that I went to this school. The older I get, the more I realize just how important attending The Willows was for me. My closest friends are the ones I made at The Willows and I really had the best education- not only academically, but also in character and virtue. I wouldn't be who I am today without The Willows!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - steph
As a former teacher at The Willows, I can attest to the wonderful spirit of The Willows. During the twenty years which I taught, I found the administration very supportive and inspirational.. they truly were role models for intelligent, caring women. To this day, I have fond memories of my students and their school spirit ,and of my fellow teachers'' love and support. I looked forward to going to class EVERY day thanks to them. Carol Nalaski, former head of English Department
- Posted by Teacher - cnala