Tri-cities Christian School
- Tri-Cities Christian Schools was founded in 1973 as an independent, non-profit educational institution chartered by the state of Tennessee and operated by a Board of Directors.
- TCCS is a nondenominational school that exists for the purpose of educating preschool through senior high students and making this education genuinely a Christian education.
- The first school building occupied by TCCS was located at 1200 East Center St. in Kingsport, TN. Four classrooms rented from the city of Kingsport served as both office and classrooms for grades 9, 10, 11 in the fall of 1973 with twenty seven students in attendance on opening day.
- The mission of Tri-Cities Christian Schools is to provide the family with a Christ-centered, biblically directed education that instills the vision and practice of excellence in academics, character, co-curricular activities and service to others.
- TCCS now has five campuses serving the Tri-Cities area located in Blountville, Bristol, Gray, Kingsport, and Johnson City.
- The basis of Tri-Cities Christian Schools is the infallible Word of God, found in both the Old and New Testaments.
- We hold to the sovereignty of God, revealed in the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- We submit unconditionally to the authority of the Holy Scriptures; thereby, we recognize Scripture to be the highest and final standard for Christian education and for all matters of life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||418 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Johnson CityGrades: PK-8 | 84 students
1502 Knob Creek Road
Johnson City, TN 37604
Johnson CityGrades: KG-12 | 459 students
2788 Carroll Creek Rd
Johnson City, TN 37615
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?