Tri-cities Christian School
- Tri-Cities Christian Schools was founded in 1973 as an independent, non-profit educational institution chartered by the state of Tennessee and operated by a Board of Directors.
- TCCS is a nondenominational school that exists for the purpose of educating preschool through senior high students and making this education genuinely a Christian education.
- The first school building occupied by TCCS was located at 1200 East Center St. in Kingsport, TN. Four classrooms rented from the city of Kingsport served as both office and classrooms for grades 9, 10, 11 in the fall of 1973 with twenty seven students in attendance on opening day.
- The mission of Tri-Cities Christian Schools is to provide the family with a Christ-centered, biblically directed education that instills the vision and practice of excellence in academics, character, co-curricular activities and service to others.
- TCCS now has five campuses serving the Tri-Cities area located in Blountville, Bristol, Gray, Kingsport, and Johnson City.
- The basis of Tri-Cities Christian Schools is the infallible Word of God, found in both the Old and New Testaments.
- We hold to the sovereignty of God, revealed in the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- We submit unconditionally to the authority of the Holy Scriptures; thereby, we recognize Scripture to be the highest and final standard for Christian education and for all matters of life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||418 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Johnson CityGrades: PK-8 | 84 students
1502 Knob Creek Road
Johnson City, TN 37604
- Johnson CityGrades: KG-12 | 459 students
2788 Carroll Creek Rd
Johnson City, TN 37615
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.