Uhs Schools Steele Canyon
- UHS Keystone Steele Canyon schools are year-round, non-public schools serving students who have been designated emotionally disturbed and students with autism or developmental disabilities grades PK-12.
- The ten schools and six collaborative satellite classrooms are located in California and Texas.
- The schools incorporate intensive behavioral services, individualized educational plans, and designated instructional services as indicated on the student's individual education plan.
- The school programs are research-based with the primary emphasis on delivering services individualized during intake for the population of students we serve and based upon the leading research practices for this population.
- Additionally, the school programs are fully in compliance with best practices standards established by the California Department of Education and our local school districts.
- Our positive behavior management system is based upon the Girls and Boys Town model for students with emotional disturbance and our commitment to careful, data-based monitoring of each student's progress toward individualized behavioral and academic goals helps us maximize each student's potential to learn & develop, as well as facilitate eventual transition back to public school.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-9|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Cajon Grades: NS-PK | 35 students
1470 Jamacha Rd
El Cajon, CA 92019
(619)588-5959 2.2 NS-PK
- Jamul Grades: PK-K | 70 students
13801 Campo Rd
Jamul, CA 91935
(619)669-3944 2.5 PK-K
- La Mesa Grades: NS-PK
3655 Via Mercado
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619)670-9388 2.6 NS-PK
- El Cajon Grades: NS-12 | 43 students
772 Jamacha Rd
El Cajon, CA 92019
(619)461-3578 3.2 NS-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.