Uhs Schools Steele Canyon
- UHS Keystone Steele Canyon schools are year-round, non-public schools serving students who have been designated emotionally disturbed and students with autism or developmental disabilities grades PK-12.
- The ten schools and six collaborative satellite classrooms are located in California and Texas.
- The schools incorporate intensive behavioral services, individualized educational plans, and designated instructional services as indicated on the student's individual education plan.
- The school programs are research-based with the primary emphasis on delivering services individualized during intake for the population of students we serve and based upon the leading research practices for this population.
- Additionally, the school programs are fully in compliance with best practices standards established by the California Department of Education and our local school districts.
- Our positive behavior management system is based upon the Girls and Boys Town model for students with emotional disturbance and our commitment to careful, data-based monitoring of each student's progress toward individualized behavioral and academic goals helps us maximize each student's potential to learn & develop, as well as facilitate eventual transition back to public school.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-9|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Cajon Grades: NS-PK | 35 students
1470 Jamacha Rd
El Cajon, CA 92019
(619) 588-5959 2.2 NS-PK
- Jamul Grades: PK-K | 40 students
13801 Campo Rd
Jamul, CA 91935
(619) 669-4933 2.5 PK-K
- La Mesa Grades: NS-PK
3655 Via Mercado
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619) 670-9388 2.6 NS-PK
- El Cajon Grades: NS-12 | 43 students
772 Jamacha Rd
El Cajon, CA 92019
(619) 461-3578 3.2 NS-12
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?