Upshur County Christian Academy
- The Upshur County Christian Academy is a Christian day-school ministry of the Calvary Baptist Church of Buckhannon, WV. Generally, we offer a traditional instructional program for grades K5-12.
- Our attendance during this 2008-09 school year is 17. Our current student/teacher ratio is 8:1.
- The purpose of UCCA exists solely for the purpose of carrying out the Great Commission to the church as given by Jesus Christ in Calvary Baptist Church believes we are to make disciples" and "teach them to observe all things" that Christ has taught us in His word, The Bible.
- Special attention is given to building Christ-like character in our students.
- UCCA's curriculum is designed by Christian publishers and is Bible-based in every area of instruction.
- Currently we use both Bob Jones and A Beka curriculum for the kindergarten, first grade, and elementary classes.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
February 03, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.