Upshur County Christian Academy
- The Upshur County Christian Academy is a Christian day-school ministry of the Calvary Baptist Church of Buckhannon, WV. Generally, we offer a traditional instructional program for grades K5-12.
- Our attendance during this 2008-09 school year is 17. Our current student/teacher ratio is 8:1.
- The purpose of UCCA exists solely for the purpose of carrying out the Great Commission to the church as given by Jesus Christ in Calvary Baptist Church believes we are to make disciples" and "teach them to observe all things" that Christ has taught us in His word, The Bible.
- Special attention is given to building Christ-like character in our students.
- UCCA's curriculum is designed by Christian publishers and is Bible-based in every area of instruction.
- Currently we use both Bob Jones and A Beka curriculum for the kindergarten, first grade, and elementary classes.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
October 29, 2017
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
October 24, 2017
There are a lot of misconceptions about private schools. This is probably because private schools are indeed private.
October 24, 2017
When making an important decision that will impact the lives of your children, you need to have all the facts in place. We compiled a list of the most important factors to consider when choosing a final private school for your child.