Upshur County Christian Academy
- The Upshur County Christian Academy is a Christian day-school ministry of the Calvary Baptist Church of Buckhannon, WV. Generally, we offer a traditional instructional program for grades K5-12.
- Our attendance during this 2008-09 school year is 17. Our current student/teacher ratio is 8:1.
- The purpose of UCCA exists solely for the purpose of carrying out the Great Commission to the church as given by Jesus Christ in Calvary Baptist Church believes we are to make disciples" and "teach them to observe all things" that Christ has taught us in His word, The Bible.
- Special attention is given to building Christ-like character in our students.
- UCCA's curriculum is designed by Christian publishers and is Bible-based in every area of instruction.
- Currently we use both Bob Jones and A Beka curriculum for the kindergarten, first grade, and elementary classes.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.