- For over three decades, Village Academy Schools has offered gifted and talented students an opportunity to excel in their areas of greatest talent and to pursue areas of greatest interest. Personalized and individualized attention is a hallmark of the Village Academy program.
- Highly qualified teachers and staff help each student individually achieve their highest levels of success academically, athletically, socially, and culturally.
- Village Academy graduates are prepared for the scope of challenges presented in higher education and those associated with becoming a compassionate citizen of the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Analytical Geometry, Applied Calculus, Biology, Calculus AB & BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language and Culture, Computer Science A, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, European History, Macroeconomics, Music Theory, Physics C Mechanics, Physics I Algebra-based, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Statistics, Studio Art - Drawing, United States Government and Politics, United States History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition scale is $12,000 - $18,000, based on grade.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Admissions Director|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, In the Know, International Club, Junior Beta Club, Middle School Senate, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Pre-med Club, Thespian Society, Upper School Senate, Women in STEM
Arts and Music Programs:
International Thespian Society
- At its philosophical core Village Academy is focused on students as individuals. Each child is unique, so our attention is on the individual, not a core curriculum. We encourage your child to advance at an individual pace so they can perform at their optimal level. We do not restrict the child by academic grade, instead, we move children into the courses that best suits their skill set. The School`s goals and objectives follow our mission that guides our philosophy of encouraging academic excellence, individual accountability, and social responsibility in a global community.
- As our mission, "Village Academy seeks to educate college-bound students who not only wish to become self-fulfilled individuals, but who also function as responsible, compassionate citizens of the world."
- We live in a diverse world, and we value different cultures, lifestyles and beliefs. Village Academy ingeniously promotes discovery, nurturing, and flourishing as students experience a life of achievement, opportunity and fulfillment.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Grades: PK-5 | 64 students
8145 N High St
Columbus, OH 43235
(614)985-1464 3.2 PK-5
- Columbus Grades: NS-12 | 1121 students
4300 Cherry Bottom Road
Columbus, OH 43230
(614)509-2220 12.2 NS-12
- Columbus Grades: PK-K | 38 students
35 E Stanton Avenue
Columbus, OH 43214
(614)846-7576 6.2 PK-K
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.