Village Christian School (Therapeutic Education Service Center)
- Here at Village Christian School, we make it our focus and commitment each day to strengthen the character, academics, and self-worth of each of our students.
- We strive our best to help our students learn in a smaller yet structured learning environment, allowing them to be productive and successful in ways they might not have been before.
- For all these reasons, we see our mission statement as the following:“To provide a safe, caring, and therapeutic learning environment with highly qualified staff where students with behavioral, educational, and social challenges can best develop the skills and character necessary to rejoin their communities and families with success.”.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Poor Peer Relationships/ Truancy/Poor School Performance/ Learning Differences/ ADD/ADHD Depression / Disrespect Adoption/ Divorce/ Family Issues/ Oppositional Defiant Disorder/ Reactive Attachment Disorder/ Poor Anger Management/ Immaturity|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact Principal Lori Payne for tuition information (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
- Our Program...
Village Christian School was a private school established in 1994 though the diligent and faithful efforts of Dwight and Kitty Hesson. It is located on the property owned and operated under the auspice of Mid-Western Children’s Home. Although no longer a private school, VCS it proud to open its doors today to students with behavioral, emotional, and academic needs. The school is still chartered by the Ohio Department of Education and is accredited to give high school diplomas to every student who successfully completes the requirements for graduation from the 12th grade. The school serves students 7th through 12th grade. Students receive instruction in core courses, plus electives such as health, home economics, speech and cultural research. The school is staffed by a 100% highly qualified faculty. Students also receive therapeutic services including group and individual counseling, family counseling, and even community support and home bound services.
- Where we work...
- How do students get here
For alternative placement at VCS, referrals must be made by the home school district. The option of placement at Village Christian can be discussed during an IEP meeting. District officials will then contact VCS to schedule an intake meeting that would be held at our facility.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Loveland Grades: PK-8 | 536 students
896 Oakland Road
Loveland, OH 45140
(513) 683-7903 6.3 PK-8
- Loveland Grades: PK-8 | 479 students
9495 Columbia Rd
Loveland, OH 45140
(513) 697-3100 7.8 PK-8
- Saint Paris Grades: 5-12 | 7 students
1638 Apple Rd
Saint Paris, OH 43072
(937) 663-5765 60.5 5-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.