- Serving students from 18 months to 18 years, WSOC is committed to providing academic excellence through awakening in our students genuine enthusiasm, an interest in the world, a love of learning and a sense of purpose in life.
- The Waldorf curriculum meets the student's age-related capacities and develops the student's initiative, creativity, critical-thinking and self-reliance.
- Our educational approach encourages balance, engaging the student cognitively, emotionally and actively across all disciplines.
- We recognize and welcome the unique gifts brought by each student.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||376 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 10 / Mar. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range from pre-k through 12 grade is $9400 - $17,000|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Linda Timmons|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Flag Football, Surf TeamFlag Football, Surf Team,
- Discover Waldorf EducationEarly Childhood through High SchoolWaldorf School of Orange County (WSOC) invites you to explore the Waldorf curriculum from early childhood through high school. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive education that engages the child cognitively, actively and emotionally. We recognize and welcome the unique gifts brought by each child we serve, encourage independent thinking and imagination, and foster a life-long love of learning.
- Based upon the teachings and insights of Rudolf Steiner, our age-appropriate curriculum fully integrates the disciplines of the humanities, science and math, movement, and the arts into a strong academic program. Within our school community and in our classrooms, our goal is to engage the mind, fire the imagination, and strengthen the will as students develop with initiative, creativity, and the skills to enter responsibly into an ever changing local and global community.
- WSOC has been helping families raise well-balanced, multi faceted and accomplished young people since 1988. Waldorf education is the fastest growing, nondenominational independent school system in the world, now with almost 1000 schools worldwide.Our outstanding and dedicated faculty has led WSOC to become one of the most respected and successful Waldorf schools in North America.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Costa MesaGrades: NS-8 | 189 students
657 Victoria Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Costa MesaGrades: K-8 | 705 students
300 Fischer Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Newport BeachGrades: PK-8 | 430 students
1541 Monrovia Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92663
Huntington BeachGrades: PK-8 | 564 students
19692 Lexington Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
Costa MesaGrades: PK-8 | 315 students
1964 Orange Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92627