Waldorf School Of Santa Barbara
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Waldorf School of Santa Barbara is committed to providing a healthy, broad, reverent education that honors the head, heart, hands -- the whole -- of the child.
- Drawing on a rigorous, developmentally appropriate, and beauty-attuned curriculum, our Waldorf education cultivates the full flowering of the individual student and the community at large, understanding the profound interdependence of both.
- The Waldorf School of Santa Barbara seeks to not merely reflect society but help guide and shape it. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No commercial advertising or TV images on clothing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Heidi Goodwin|
- If I had a child of school age, I would send him to one of the Waldorf Schools. -- Saul Bellow, Nobel Literature Laureate
- The advent of the Waldorf Schools was in my opinion the greatest contribution to world peace and understanding of the century. -- Willy Brandt, former Chancellor of West Germany, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- Waldorf education encouraged me to always strive to become a better human being. --Jens Stoltenberg, former Prime Minister of Norway
- Among the alternatives, the Waldorf school represents a chance for every child to grow and learn according to the most natural rhythms of life. For the early school child, this means a non-competitive, non-combative environment in which the wonders of science and literature fill the day without causing anxiety and confusion. For the older child, it offers a curriculum that addresses the question of why they are learning. I have sent two of my children to Waldorf schools and they have been wonderfully well served. --Raymond McDermott, Ph.D., Professor of Education and Anthropology, Stanford University
- At a time of searching and reappraisal in education, the Waldorf movement, with its unique understanding of the education of the child, and its years of teaching practice and experience, deserves the informed consideration of those genuinely concerned with education and the development of human wholeness. --Douglas Sloan, Ph.D., Professor of History and Education, Columbia University
- There is no task of greater importance than to give our children the very best preparation for the demands of an ominous future, a preparation that aims at the methodical cultivation of their spiritual and their moral gifts. As long as the exemplary work of the Waldorf School Movement continues to spread its influence as it has done over the past decades, we can all look forward with hope. I am sure that Rudolf Steiner`s work for children must be considered a central contribution to the twentieth century and I feel it deserves the support of all freedom-loving thinking people. -- Bruno Walter, Composer and Conductor
- The beauty of the Waldorf School is that it is designed entirely to keep children intact until they are ready to move out into the world as whole individuals. -- Joseph Chilton Pearce, Author of "The Magical Child"
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Goleta Grades: PK-6 | 276 students
401 N Fairview Ave # 1
Goleta, CA 93117
(805)683-9383 3.1 PK-6
- Goleta Grades: PK-8 | 87 students
7421 Mirano Dr
Goleta, CA 93117
(805)685-7600 0.1 PK-8
- Santa Barbara Grades: PK-12 | 356 students
4125 Paloma Dr
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
(805)687-2461 7.2 PK-12
The Waldorf School of Santa Barbara is an incredible school with a strong and committed faculty, students who race to their classrooms each morning, eager and excited to learn, and a passionate, community-driven parent body. As an employee of the school, it is a lovely place to work; the atmosphere is warm, full of heart, surrounded by colleagues, parents and faculty who deeply care about what they do. This love for one's respective work is palpable when you step on campus; this school is a living model of community in action, working together to create good in the world, working together to nurture and support the children into becoming their brightest selves.
- Posted by Administrator - nita
My daughter is in the first grade and in her third year with the school. I was looking for a school that would honor my daughters true self and provide her with the whole self learning. I didn't want her to be mearly a test score and number, I want her to be nurtured and taught to utilize all aspects of her creative mind, body and spirit. I am so grateful we have a Waldorf school in Santa Barbara steeped in the rich traditions of Waldorf education. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a full enriching education for their child or children.
- Posted by Parent - hbond
Both of my sons attended the Waldorf School of Santa Barbara from preschool through the eighth grade. I am very grateful they were been able to do so. It has been a great gift to them and to our family. It offers a broad, deep education that integrates creativity into academic learning through art, music, movement and practical skills. Waldorf education honors each individual while supporting their growth into their fullest possible selves. The children gain confidence and a strong sense of self, along with respect for others and for the world around them. Along the way they are given a solid academic foundation for the journeys to come. They are well prepared for the transition to high school and beyond. Thank you Waldorf School!
- Posted by Parent - lisa.
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.