Walnut Park Montessori
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (617) 969-9208
- Jackson Walnut Park is a unique educational environment sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Boston! Our youngest children, (toddlers through 6 years old) begin in a fully accreddited Montessori program.
- Our students then go on to receive an outsanding education in our Jackson elementary which provides a discovery-based curriculum through grade 6.
- Our graduates are fully prepared for acdemic endeavors, future leadership and lives of purpose!.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,300|
|Tuition Notes||2017-2018 Tuition varies from $11,175-16,000 depending on program.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Katy Denning|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess, Chinese Culture, Computer Club, Karate, Kids Corner After School Program (11:30-5:30)|
- Walnut Park Montessori School is part of the Jackson Walnut Park Schools collaborative sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Boston.
- Walnut Park Montessori School serves children from 18 months-6 years. Upon completion of student's kindergarten year at Walnut Park, families then move to Grade 1 at Jackson elementary as part of the Jackson Walnut Park continuum. Jackson School is a Catholic elementary from K-Grade 6 known for challenging academics.
- In unity with our children's families, we sustain and perpetuate a reflective, spiritually inspired, dynamic learning community.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newton Grades: 4-12 | 95 students
575 WASHINGTON STREET
Newton, MA 02458
(781) 641-5992 0.3 4-12
- Braintree Grades: 9-12 | 284 students
2001 Washington Street
Braintree, MA 02184
(857) 400-9700 0.4 9-12
- Watertown Grades: NS-K
26 Chestnut Street
Watertown, MA 02472
(617) 402-5220 0.7 NS-K
- Newton Grades: 5-12 | 410 students
785 Centre St
Newton, MA 02458
(617) 244-4246 0.9 5-12
Jackson school is place that every kid can call home. Be loved and also being intellectually challenged. The teachers and staff here are second to none of other schools. They are dedicated, professional and caring.Not to mention the newly constructed student center for sports/performing art and community gathering.We feel this school is blessed.
- Posted by Parent - Gzhao7081
Walnut Park was the best educational decision I ever made for my three children. A caring environment with dedicated staff and a commitment to education. You cannot go wrong here. All three went on to Jackson School which is excellent value.
- Posted by Parent - wjboo
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.