Wentworth Military Academy & College
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (660) 259-2221
- Wentworth Military Academy, established in 1880, provides quality education to young men and women to prepare them to achieve the highest levels of education they desire; and to develop leadership, character, integrity, self-esteem, and physical well-being within the disciplined environment of the Corps of Cadets.
- The Wentworth Military Academy's program is designed to produce mature young men and women who are self-motivated, well-educated, highly principled, self-confident, respectful of others and loyal to family and country.
Wentworth Military Academy & College places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,500|
|Tuition Notes||Cost includes room and board, uniforms, computer, textbooks, and additional fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rick Cottrell|
|Admissions Associate||Dillon Harp|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Drill Team, Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service, Drill Team, Honor Guard, JROTC, Marksmanship and Riflery, National Honor Society, Paintball, ROTC Raiders, Swimming
Arts and Music Programs:
- Wentworth`s class sizes are small, ranging from 8 to 12 students per class with an average student teacher ratio of 10:1. All of our teachers know all of our students and at Wentworth there is no "back of the room". Students must sit up in ways they never have before.
- As a military school, we bring the same structured approach to academics as we do to all aspects of cadet life. Students have 7 classes per day and for those who need extra help with homework, we have a 2-hour faculty supervised study period for them.
- Wentworth`s curriculum ensures that each graduate will be prepared for college and beyond in whichever field of study he or she chooses. We emphasize the foundational reading, writing, and math skills required for academic success both at high school, college, and beyond. Wentworth reinforces these core skills in each discipline taught in the school, whether it be literature, history, languages, advanced math or science.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
My teenaged boy attended summer camp at Wentworth. He loved it and wants to go back. He actually asked if he could attend high school there. He made friends from across the world and was able to take classes that challenged him.
- Posted by Parent - Miller
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.