West Hills Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Hands on Science at West Hills Montessori allows children to develop respect and appreciation for the natural world and all its inhabitants!
Physical Education led by dedicated professionals at West Hills Montessori ensures children's bodies as well as their minds are challenged!
- "The child is both a hope and a promise for mankind"- Maria Montessori Our mission is to provide a nurturing environment that allows students to reach their full potential academically, socially, and emotionally by creating a dynamic partnership among home, school, and community".
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes enrichment classes taught by Specialist Teachers in Computers, Foreign Language, Physical Education, Art, Music|
|Admissions Director||Charlene Schermer|
- Visit our website: www.westhillsmontessori.org for detailed program information "West Hills Montessori School offers the most advanced academic, artistic, as well as foreign language curriculum on LI for toddler through 6th grade. Our four children have been able to expand their minds, hearts and bodies and learn lessons for life. They are now high achievers, well-rounded and enthusiastic about learning, mastering and successfully applying new skills. Thank you faculty and staff, from the bottom of my heart!" WHM Parent
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Queens VillageGrades: KG-12 | 69 students
21532 Jamaica Ave
Queens Village, NY 11428
- Huntington StationGrades: PK-9 | 278 students
165 Pidgeon Hill Rd Ste 1
Huntington Station, NY 11746
I am not one to go online and make recommendations in general, but my children have been with West Hills Montessori since 2008 and they have loved every minute of their time there. They''ve completed pre-school through kindergarten thus far and they have learned a tremendous amount, reading well by age 4 and finishing Kindergarten with a 3rd grade reading and writing level is only the start of it. The enrichment programs there, like drama and music, science and art helped to turn my shy little wallflower of a daughter into a confident, well-spoken young lady and my tomboy wild-child younger daughter into a well-rounded, bright-eyed enthusiast of learning - all while sending them home each afternoon more excited about another day of learning than the day before. They hire only the best in staff and their activities, all included, even the weekend festivals, swim days, and events - so yes, it will cost you more to send your children here than other schools, but I tell you, you get what you are paying for - and so much more! Thank you, WHM!
- Posted by Parent - penny
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.