West Woods Christian Academy
5.00 (12 reviews)
- West Woods Christian Academy exists to provide a quality education with Jesus Christ and Biblical doctrine at the core.The school desires to be a support to the Christian home, ministering to the families from Bible believing churches in the surrounding communities.As a support to the home, the school views itself as an integral part of the major influences in a child's life...the home, the church, and the school.
- In working with the home, the school desires that each child will experience personal salvation through Jesus Christ and be discipled in a Christian lifestyle within the framework of a quality education.
- West Woods Christian Academy is committed to an educational program of excellence.
- The school strives to provide an educational experience focused on traditional, Biblical values.
- A major goal of the program would be to prepare a student to glorify God in any area of endeavor that He may lead them to.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, US History, others via online partner|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
- West Woods Christian Academy exists to provide a quality education with Jesus Christ and Biblical doctrine at the core.The school desires to be a support to the Christian home, ministering to the families from Bible believing churches in the surrounding communities.As a support to the home, the school views itself as an integral part of the major influences in a child's life...the home, the church, and the school. In working with the home, the school desires that each child will experience personal salvation through Jesus Christ and be discipled in a Christian lifestyle within the framework of a quality education. West Woods Christian Academy is committed to an educational program of excellence. The school strives to provide an educational experience focused on traditional, Biblical values. A major goal of the program would be to prepare a student to glorify God in any area of endeavor that He may lead them to.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HamdenGrades: PK-8 | 181 students
418 Ridge Road
Hamden, CT 06517
- New HavenGrades: K-9 | 484 students
50 Loomis Place
New Haven, CT 06511
- WallingfordGrades: PK-12 | 58 students
161 S Whittlesey Ave
Wallingford, CT 06492
- HamdenGrades: NS-12 | 580 students
1108 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
- New HavenGrades: PK-6 | 133 students
263 Chapel Street
New Haven, CT 06513
Working within the public school system and comparing that to West Woods Christian Academy educationally and professionally I feel very blessed to be able to send my son to such a school. Thank you so much for all that you do in molding our youth into virtuous adults. May god bless the families, staff and mission of West Woods Christian Academy. Gratefully,S. Melendez
- Posted by Parent - S. Melendez
Westwood Christian Academy is a great school! Our 10 year old daughter has been attending Westwoods since kindergarten, and we have only good things to say about this school. We could send her to other private schools, but we choose to keep her here, and we feel that this school has been a great fit for her and us. They have shown themselves to be top notch in both education, as well as a family focused institution, keeping the interests of the children, their families, and their growth ahead of politics or public trends. That is hard to find these days. We are both glad as well as fortunate to have found this school early on. We would encourage any parents to look into Westwoods as a viable option for their children, for private school. The cost happens to be very reasonable, which is nice as well.
- Posted by Parent - Brian D
WWCA is a beacon of light and truth in today's culture. As a parent and a teacher, our family has been so blessed to be able to send our children to Westwoods through graduation (starting in second and third grade, respectively). Every teacher and staff member deeply cares about what they're doing and is committed to their students' highest good academically and spiritually. We're not rich, and it was a sacrifice to pay for tuition, but compared to what a "public" education would have cost our children in terms of freedom of thought and speech, safety, purity, and quality, Westwoods is the deal of the century! They also have a fantastic music and drama program K-12.
- Posted by Parent - dkstoll
My family as a whole is truly blessed by our children attending WWCA. The environment is perfect them personally and spiritually, with a right temperament that focuses on character and academics, and centers everything on Christ. Our expectations for our children are for them be challenged so they grow, and the faculty and administration at WWCA exceed our hopes and do it with Christian love.
- Posted by Parent - Greg B
As a Christian parent teaching a Christian world view to our kids was a top priority for the education of our children. Our children are all in college now and I so appreciate the impact that West Woods Christian had on our daughter. We moved to CT and had a hard time finding the right school. From the day she started, students were friendly and the staff went the extra mile to help her fit it. I am so thankful to the staff and teachers for their commitment to Christian education and the sacrifice they make to work in this school. The education was good and the Christian values a priority. I would highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - SAH
In these challenging times of what to do with our children's education I am confident that WWCA can not only provide a safe nurturing Christ centered environment but can also give them a great education. They are challenged academically and spiritually at WWCA
- Posted by Parent - Parent
I am a parent and also an alumni of WWCA.Westwoods Christian Academy is an exceptional school..The academics is above and beyond ,with personal attention filled with love and care . The world today is filled with no respect and tgat includes of children or for children. WWCA has a caring atmosphere that teaches the children the academics needed in life as well as the respectfulWay to treach others as you want to be treated. Keeping alive with what we all grew up with. You are not doing your child a diservice of uou sent them to WESTWOODS CHRISTIAN ACADEMY..it is well worth the effort and money.I am grateful for the impact this school.has had on me and my children. 5 stars!!
- Posted by Parent - Dawn
I attended WWCA from K-12 and I honestly wouldn't have traded that experience for any other. From the care and professionalism of the teachers, to my life long friends I made during my years there, there was no doubt that my children would attend some day. Great Christ centered education and small class sizes made this an easy choice for my family.
- Posted by Parent - MattG
All 3 of our children transitioned to West Woods Christian Academy at the 6th grade until graduation with our youngest graduating June 2016! We love WWCA. It provided an excellent education, a peaceful environment to learn in void of the stress that you encounter in many public schools today, and spiritual nurturing, teaching and mentoring with a high standard of consistency, biblical truth and love. My oldest now works in Time Square NYC for a huge TV network, my middle son is a Mechanical Engineer and my youngest is a freshman at Quinnipiac University where all 3 of my children graduated from. Give WWCA a try!
- Posted by Parent - Aimee Powers
I cannot say enough good things about WWCA. The years my children spent there were happy. The teachers knew my children`s needs and encouraged them both academically and spiritually. Consequently, when they left this nurturing environment, they had strong foundations to succeed in higher education and in life. Any school can teach academics, but WWCA provides more - the ability to see the world through the lens of a Christian.
- Posted by Parent - Linda Zeffiro
Teaching our children a Christian world view was a priority for us. We sent our daughter to West Woods in high school. I am so thankful for the students and the faculty who welcomed and accepted her. She received a quality education from caring teachers, it was the perfect fit for her.
- Posted by Parent - SAHMH
The experience my children had at WWCA K-12 was exceptional. The atmosphere is loving and Christ centered. The academic preparation gave them confidence and success in college We are convinced that the friends they made at WWCA have significantly influenced them to seek God in their lives. We are so thankful for such a quality school.
- Posted by Parent - lbkan
January 23, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 22, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.