Westminster Christian School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Basketball, along with several other sports, is available for both boys and girls in 5th through 12th grades.
Every year, during our January interim, a group of high school students spend a week serving on a missions trip.
- Westminster Christian School has been providing Christ-centered education to the students and families of Chicago`s Northwest suburbs since 1978. Located in Elgin, IL, Westminster Christian School offers an outstanding academic, fine arts, athletic and spiritual education. Classes are available from preschool through 12th grade and provide: ACSI Accredited/ISBE Recognized Resource services available 13:1 student/teacher ratio Financial assistance available Award-winning fine arts - visual and performing Quality IHSA sanctioned athletic programs (5th12th grade) Westminister Christian School is so much more than a school. WCS inspires students in a grace-filled learning community to: Discover God and His creation Develop their unique gifts and abilities Display Christ confidently in their lives Visit our website or call Westminster Christian School to learn more.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, learning disabilities (mild to moderate), ADHD, PDD/NOS, Mild Autism, Aspergers Syndrome and Vision and Hearing impaired|
|Total Students||418 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||See Curriculum Guide on our website for a full listing of college/dual credit courses available.|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modest and appropriate)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,575|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool A: $1,575 PreK A (half day): $2,075, PreK B (full day): 3,875 Elementary Tuition, Grade 1: $8,300 Grade 2: $8,825, Grade 3-5: $89,025 Middle School Tuition: $10,250 High School Tuition: $11,575|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Lindberg|
|Admissions Associate||Bissy Elliott|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Crossroads (Compassion Ministry), Future Teachers of America, Mission Trips, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Science Olympiad, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Perfoming Arts, Worship Team/Chapel
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- WCS, a ministry of the Westminster Presbyterian Church, was founded in 1978 and is located on 22 acres at the western edge of Elgin, just west of Randall Road. The instructional programs at WCS are traditional, teacher-directed, Christ-centered, core academic that use materials selected to reach goals and objectives developed by teachers and board committees through proper needs assessments. The program also includes instruction in art, music, computers, and physical education. The instructional program is defined as college preparatory with graduation requirements that exceed state prescriptions.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ElginGrades: PK-12 | 720 students
1000 N Randall Rd
Elgin, IL 60123
- ElginGrades: NS-12 | 337 students
350 Park St
Elgin, IL 60120
- AuroraGrades: PK-12 | 645 students
2255 Sullivan Road
Aurora, IL 60506
- West ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 660 students
900 Prince Crossing Rd
West Chicago, IL 60185
We were looking for a Christian high school for our two children with a strong science and math program. We found it at Westminster, where they have thrived socially and spiritually as well as academically. Attending a smaller school allowed them to participate in many different activities (including sports, clubs, fine arts, and service organizations), develop enduring relationships, and receive a lot of personalized attention from the incredibly dedicated teachers. Both have especially enjoyed the Science Olympiad program, and the opportunity to compete at the state level. Bottom line: great faculty, great programs, great values, and a great school.
- Posted by Parent - d_hoy
We currently have 3 elementary aged children at WCS and another on her way to Preschool in a couple of years. We never imagined ourselves as a private school family, but Westminster was a game changer from the moment we stepped foot inside. This is a place our children are growing and thriving, not only in their academics, but in the emotionally, spiritually, and in their character growth, as well. Westminster is a place that is truly set apart. Taste and see....
- Posted by Parent - mrs.s
As a parent we could not be happier with Westminster. Our children have grown spiritually, academically and socially. I love the close community feel in the school and the love all the teachers show their students. For a small private school there are lots of extracurricular activity which was very important to us. I highly recommend the school for a fantastic Christian education.
- Posted by Parent - scott
We have three children at WCS. Our experience has been incredible. All of their teachers have shown a care and compassion for our children that is moving. The school's commitment to academic excellence has only been enhanced by its current Head of School Steve Hall. This school is a bright rising star in K-12 Christian academia. We are thankful for being part of the WCS community and pray for God's continued blessing on the school and the community at large.
- Posted by Parent - david
Amazing place that has nurtured my daughters in their faith, giftedness and provided an exceptional education experience.
- Posted by Parent - rebec
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.