Westwood Christian Day School
- Christian School has offered a superior education for over 50 years in the Miami area.
- The campus, on 30 acres of beautiful land in Horse Country, is home to over 500 students from K-2 through twelfth grade.
- Since 1959, WCS has been recognized for quality academic learning based on Christian principles.
- Students are instructed from a Biblical world view with values that are taught and practiced in everyday school life.
- The sequence of our courses is carefully maintained throughout each level in order to prepare students for their future education. Preschool students learn in a fun program emphasizing the fundamentals of reading, phonics, counting and numbers. Elementary students gain a foundation of fundamental skills and concepts essential to success in middle school in a fun, active environment.
- Middle and high school students are challenged in core classes through the solid coverage of language, math and the sciences. Interested students may take Honors, Dual Enrollment and Advanced Placement courses (WCS follows the course codes established by the Florida Department of Education).
- In addition to the academic fundamentals, our program includes enrichment opportunities that expose students to the fine arts, technology, physical education, languages and athletic competitions. The members of our strong, professional staff are passionate and committed to preparing and to enriching the lives of the students they teach.
- We pride ourselves in ensuring that our graduates are well prepared to enter the best universities and to succeed in the path God has for them.We welcome you to visit our campus and see our friendly and safe educational environment.
- We would be happy to schedule a private tour so you may see what Westwood Christian can offer your child. For more information, please contact Diana Salermo, Enrollment Director at 305.274.3380.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||957 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Bill Thomson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
- Westwood Christian School has been educating students in Dade County for over 50 years. We believe every child needs an excellent education to be prepared for the future. We offer a distinctive Christian education based on the Word of God, the center of all truth. Our goal is to help our students develop a Christ-like character.The academic program at Westwood Christian School is focused on a college prep curriculum. We believe that our students need a strong academic foundation to be accepted in any university. We offer a variety of Honor, and AP courses. Our sports and fine art programs have achieved statewide awards and recognition.We depend on a superior faculty full of passion for educating and influencing every student they teach. All of our teachers are fully accredited with the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the National Council for Private School Accreditation.We invite you to visit our campus and experience our beautiful learning environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 696 students
12975 Sw 6th St
Miami, FL 33184
MiamiGrades: PK-5 | 390 students
8485 Sw 112th St
Miami, FL 33156
MiamiGrades: PK-12 | 345 students
2732 Sw 32nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33133
MiamiGrades: 6-12 | 41 students
16637 S Dixie Hwy
Miami, FL 33157
MiamiGrades: PK-6 | 144 students
9500 Sw 97th Ave
Miami, FL 33176
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?