Whitney Bloomfield Inc
- Whitney Bloomfield is a Montessori based environment. We accomplish this through a broad range of activities that will stimulate social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth.
- Both the materials and activities are planned to challenge your child yet also keep within the scope of his/her developmental ability.
- Our dedicated staff gives the nurturing guidance through this process.
- Whitney Bloomfield has marvelous staff which is what sets us apart.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Infant/Young Toddler Program
- In addition to nurturing and basic care, our staff stimulates your child's senses to encourage their mental and physical development. Whitney Bloomfield provides an ideal environment in which your child will learn to grasp toys, vocalize sounds, recognize pictures of familiar objects, and acquire a variety of other skills. We provide a safe and nurturing “home away from home” where your child can explore and make new discoveries.
- Toddler Program
- Our program is designed to offer your toddler a unique year of self-development ina tender atmosphere of special understanding, respect, and support. Simple sensorial activities in the classroom respond to the toddlers urge to use all their senses to explore everything around them. At Whitney Bloomfield, we help children develop language skills through conversation, listening to stories, sorting objects, singing songs, and learning finger plays. To help aid in social situations, our toddler’s learn to use words for their feelings instead of their hands.
- Preschool Program
- The Montessori classroom is a “living room” for children. In the practical life area there are exercises to help your child care for him/herself and care for the environment. Other classroom areas foster development in sensorial, language arts (utilizing the phonetic method of reading), mathematics, geography, science, art, and music. The child’s sense of order and self-concepts are developed. Independence is encouraged, allowing the child to feel that “I can do it by myself.”
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Bloomfield Grades: PK-K | 113 students
6201 W Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
(248) 755-1614 2.1 PK-K
- West Bloomfield Grades: PK-5 | 87 students
2965 Walnut Lake Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
(248) 626-6665 2.1 PK-5
- West Bloomfield Grades: PK-K | 167 students
6600 W Maple Rd
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
(248) 432-5439 0.3 PK-K
- Bloomfield Hills Grades: NS-2 | 56 students
2101 Opdyke Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
(248) 338-1166 6.7 NS-2
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.