- Whittier Christian Schools was established in 1947 as a ministry of Calvary Baptist Church of Whittier, California.
- Whittier Christian Schools is dedicated to excellence in Christian education developing disciplined, motivated students who are academically strong and have a personal faith in Christ and are equipped to affect the world for Him.
- Our purpose is to partner with families to educate students academically, socially, and spiritually in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
- "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." Our goals are to focus on our constituency's desire for spiritual growth, academic development, security, and expansion.
- We strive for continued improvement and quality of curriculum and programs so that students are strong, equipped for further education, based on a Biblical foundation in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild - Moderate Differences, Struggling Students Program|
|Total Students||398 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(several campuses offer school uniforms consisting of Docker style pants and shorts with logo polo shirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Annual tuition depends on program selected. Multiple day/length of day options in Preschool. Jr. High is separate campus from either elementary campus.|
National avg.: 85%
People that viewed Whittier Christian Schools-maybrook Campus also viewed these schools: St Benedict School.
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.