Students work on the Fast ForWord Products, by Scientific Learning Corporation, as a part of their clinical instruction.
- Willow Schools, formerly Bridges Academy, provides specialized instruction to students in grades 1-12 with diagnosed specific learning disabilities. Students participate in remedial learning activities selected to assist them in overcoming their learning deficits in reading, math, and written language. Willow Schools is accredited by Florida Council of Independent Schools and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language -based learning disabilities|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,500|
|Tuition Notes||1st-7th Grades: $14,250 8th-12th Grades: $14,500|
|Admissions Director||Alicia Metz|
|Admissions Associate||Carla Brandt, M.S.|
- Students diagnosed with learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, auditory processing disorders, mild speech and language impairments, and related academic learning disabilities benefit greatly from a specially selected and designed curriculum which allows them to become successful learners.
- An Individual Education Plan (IEP) is developed for each student based on his/her academic and intellectual assessments.
- Student to teacher ratio is 10:1 - reading and math groups average 7:1
- Intensive remedial instructional programs and direct instruction are components of the students core instruction.
- McKay Scholarship and Gardiner Scholarship (perviously known as the Personal Learning Scholarship Account) funds are accepted.
Profile last updated: 03/09/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
848 Executive Dr
Oviedo, FL 32765
MaitlandGrades: 5-12 | 72 students
341 North Orlando Avenue
Maitland, FL 32751
LongwoodGrades: 2-12 | 156 students
3221 Sand Lake Rd
Longwood, FL 32779
Altamonte SpringsGrades: PK-K | 21 students
482 Osceola St
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Winter ParkGrades: PK-12 | 445 students
4800 Howell Branch Road
Winter Park, FL 32792
My son went here for one year the amount of progress he showed was amazing. This is the best school for any student with any kind of language disability. Great teachers and administration. My son made great friends and had no issues at this school, I would highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - sunan
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.