5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (312) 610-4900
- Wolcott School is an exemplary college preparatory high school for students with learning differences, tailored to the strengths and aspirations of each student.
- Employing best practices, our expert faculty is committed to helping each student achieve academically, communicate effectively, and grow socially as well as develop the self-awareness, confidence and resilience to thrive in college and beyond. As valued members of our intentionally diverse and close-knit community, Wolcott students cultivate their interests and talents and develop a sense of purpose and responsibility to themselves and others.
- Wolcott School serves high school students of superior to average cognative abilities with learning differences who can contribute and flourish in our strength-based, collaborative community.
- Our students often have a specific learning disability or an executive functioning challenge and have yet to reach their potential in traditional educational programs.
- Our program is not designed to meet the needs of students with primary emotional or behavioral challenges.
Wolcott School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based, ADHD, Exec. Functioning|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$45,000|
|Tuition Notes||There is significant tuition assistance available to qualified families. Families are encouraged to apply for assistance - our desire is to help you make Wolcott affordable.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rachel Spiro|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Paddle Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Paddle Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anime, Astronomy Club, Bilingual Learning Buddies, Career and Community Leaders, Computer Programming, Dirty Worms Environmental Club, FCCLA: Family, Improv, Media Club, Robotics, Spoken Word Poetry Club, Vocal Music
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Shows, Drama, FEA - Future Educators Association, Studio Art, Theater Arts, Vocal Music
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Dance Club, Running Club, Volleyball
- Wolcott School offers a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum specifically designed for the success of students with learning differences. The curriculum is aligned with the Illinois Learning Standards and Common Core, and meets and exceeds the requirements of the State of Illinois and traditional public schools. Graduation requirements include coursework in the following disciplines: English, Foreign Language, Math, Social Studies, Science, Physical Education and Wellness, Fine Arts, Applied Arts, and Consumer Education. Students are expected to meet Wolcott standards in other areas including: Service Learning, Technology Proficiency, Cultural Proficiency, Green Living, Personal Portfolio, Senior Capstone Project. In addition, co-curricular programs are an integral component of the Wolcott education, including sports, clubs, activities, and school productions. Summer programs will be offered, including both required and elective courses.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 1-12 | 49 students
520 N Marshfield Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
(312) 243-6097 0.3 1-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 345 students
5088 W Jackson Blvd
Chicago, IL 60644
(773) 261-7505 4.1 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 2-12 | 87 students
800 W Buena Avenue
Chicago, IL 60613
(773) 327-6000 4.8 2-12
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 712 students
3900 N Leavitt St
Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 539-0066 4.2 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: 1-12 | 93 students
3110 W Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
(773) 722-3097 0.1 1-12
Wolcott is an extraordinary school with outstanding administers and faculty. My son transferred to Wolcott as a sophomore. He had been at a highly competitive school where the homework and stress level were off the charts. When he started at Wolcott, I had no idea what to expect. From the get go I recognized that the Wolcott experience fosters inquisitive and motivated learners. Every single person at the school was encouraging. They believe in their students and have a vested interest in their success. We are incredibly grateful.
- Posted by Parent - ABBAFW
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.