- Woodmont Academy is a private, independent PreK3 through Grade 8 Catholic school, approved by the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
- We implement the method of education developed by the Legionaries of Christ known as Integral Formation, which endeavors to form the whole child - their intellect, faith, character, and disposition toward service.
- Woodmont Academy is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges of Schools, and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), an accreditation division of AdvancED.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(PreK: pants/polo for boys, skort/polo for girls; K-4, shirt/tie for boys, jumper for girls; 5-8, jacket/tie for boys, skirt/sweater for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Lacrosse,|
- The mission of Woodmont Academy is to form Christian leaders who will transform society. This mission is achieved in a vibrant academic and faith community that is equally committed to providing its students Academic Excellence, Personal Attention, and Faith and Character Formation. ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE Our academic programs are rich in content, thorough, and well-grounded in established educational principles. Teachers follow a curriculum that is designed to challenge the students, building on the knowledge and skills acquired in prior years. We educate with clear goals in mind and specific means to achieve them, and we hold ourselves accountable for achieving these goals for the benefit of students. PERSONAL ATTENTION Our teachers serve as mentors not only in the classroom, but also in life. They help students to identify their personal strengths and gifts and encourage them to use these gifts to serve others. Woodmont Academy students and families have daily personal contact with the Principal, the Chaplain, and all those who have a hand in their education. Administrators strive to know each student as an individual. FAITH AND CHARACTER FORMATION Educators need to positively motivate their students to respond freely, internalize ideas, and become convinced of their actions based in truth. We form the students in moral principles, guiding them to know, love, and desire the goals set out before them. In order to successfully form students, an educator must first motivate them; this motivation has to be grounded in love for God, the student, and others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ColumbiaGrades: PK-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
- Ellicott CityGrades: PK-8 | 232 students
4801 Ilchester Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21043
- MarriottsvilleGrades: NS-12 | 373 students
2600 Marriottsville Rd
Marriottsville, MD 21104
- Ellicott CityGrades: NS-12 | 752 students
12793 Folly Quarter Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042
- ClarksvilleGrades: PK-8 | 521 students
12500 Clarksville Pike
Clarksville, MD 21029
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.