- Wordsworth provides a full continuum of mental health and education services for children and adolescents.
- These services range from outpatient therapy to residential treatment. We are proudly accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (Joint Commission) and recognized as a leader in the local behavioral health provider community.
- The mission of Wordsworth, a not-for-profit institution founded in 1952, is to provide quality Education, Treatment and Care to children and families with special needs.
- The primary objective is to help each client be successful in their family and community.
- This is best accomplished by drawing on the strengths and resources of each child and family and developing a vision with reality based outcomes and achievable goals.
- Wordsworth recognizes and respects the differing cultural beliefs, values, attitudes and expectations of our clients and families.
- Actively partnering with the family and child, our team of professionals assesses needs and strengths and builds a plan for achievable goals.
- We can link effective education, treatment and care for optimal positive outcomes.
- With an array of comprehensive services of varying intensity, we provide the opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Wordsworth responds to the changing requirements of our community, children, and families.
- In an environment of mutual respect and understanding, Wordsworth maintains a skilled and dedicated staff to achieve our mission with compassionate care.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Total Students||243 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Willow GroveGrades: PK-8 | 269 students
401 Easton Rd
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Fort WashingtonGrades: 7-12 | 96 students
Po Box 127
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Elkins ParkGrades: K-9 | 179 students
8306 Brookside Rd
Elkins Park, PA 19027
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 222 students
17 E Chestnut Hill Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
AbingtonGrades: 1-8 | 90 students
2450 Hamilton Avenue
Abington, PA 19001
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
May 25, 2017
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.