World Class Learning Academy, New York
- The World Class Learning Academy, New York is a diverse, internationally focused learning community dedicated to developing a broad world view in our students.
- WCLA offers benchmarked, highly personalized learning in an academically rigorous setting.
- The global focus of our students’ education is rooted in the international curricula used throughout the school.
- Students learn in a personalized, interactive environment that allows them to participate fully in their own education, acquiring skills they will need for a future that is vastly different than the world today.
- The flexibility of our curriculum allows teachers to take greater advantage of the environment around them, using the city as a classroom and drawing on the experiences of our diverse student and parent community.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,750|
|Tuition Notes||Twos' Program: $9000Nursery Programs: Monday-Friday $15,750 (Half Day: 8:30 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.) $25,250 (Full Day: 8:30 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.)Reception (PreK): $28,250Year 1 (Kindergarten) - Year 6 (Grade 5): $35,750In addition, there three o|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Clare Parry|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Fencing, Gymnastics, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Fencing,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Club, Soccer Clu
- At World Class Learning Academy, New York, we understand that learning, understanding how we learn, problem solving, and the ability to harness skills and knowledge are the keys to success. World Class Learning students achieve well beyond the expectations for their age and ability.
- World Class Learning Academy, New York is a student-driven, supportive school that takes a broader and deeper world view, preparing children to become confident participants in their learning. World Class Learning Academy belongs to Nord Anglia Education and is part of an International family of 27 schools around the world. Our growing network of international schools delivers exceptional standards of academic and personal learning and develops in our students an international perspective that will enable them to thrive in the 21st century.
- Nord Anglia Education is the leader in the international provision of high quality, innovative education, training and guidance. Founded in 1972, we have developed extensive experience of managing schools and working with governments to raise standards and improve educational achievement.
Profile last updated: 05/20/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New YorkGrades: K-8 | 160 students
211 West 61st Street
New York, NY 10023
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 300 students
219 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002
- New YorkGrades: NS-12 | 295 students
20 Waterside Plaza
New York, NY 10010
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 306 students
587 Main St
New York, NY 10044
- New YorkGrades: PK-8 | 265 students
593 Park Ave and 150 W 83
New York, NY 10065
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.