- Yale School Southeast Inc are state-approved private schools for children with special needs.
- We provide specialized, highly individualized instruction to elementary, intermediate, and secondary school students.
- Y.A.L.E.'s mission is to provide a safe, structured, enriched environment that meets each student's educational needs and helps each student develop the knowledge and skills needed to perform as a self-sufficient and responsible citizen.
- We believe that by meeting each student's academic and social needs, we help prepare students to succeed in the community.
- To make our goals a reality, our curriculum systematically emphasizes the development and generalization of learning, social, and community skills.
- Our philosophy is to systematically use applied behavior analysis to help students make meaningful academic and social progress and to help them become more productive and independent.
- We use ongoing, direct, data-based measures to carefully monitor children's progress and adjust academic programs to match each child's current needs and levels of performance.
- We also use a variety of instructional strategies to teach students to understand and properly respond to various social cues and social situations.
- To help students apply and generalize what they learn in school, we provide them with numerous community experiences.
- This includes instruction in "real life" settings such as parks, libraries, restaurants, supermarkets, and health clubs.
- These experiences help prepare them to succeed outside of school.
- Because there is always more to learn, Y.A.L.E. personnel frequently discuss learning issues with members of the Professional Advisory Board.
- Y.A.L.E.'s Board consists of leading professionals from major universities around the country.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
I''ve never seen such a kind and caring group of educators! Children are loved and guided here. Because they feel safe and secure, they learn and they thrive! Highly recommend! My son hated school before but loves YALE school! It has changed his life.
- Posted by Parent - Carol
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.